As it turned out, the Colts did the Giants a favor by defeating the Texans 22-13.
And with five picks in the first two rounds, the Browns better find their next quarterback or they might never.
With the Texans' loss, the Browns locked up the No. 1 and No. 4 picks in the draft, and the Colts will select at No. 3.
The Texans' pick, acquired in a trade for quarterback Deshaun Watson last April, can be as high as No. 4 and no lower than fifth overall. The Browns then took Jabrill Peppers with the 25th pick.
The Browns also own the Texans' second-round pick after taking on Brock Osweiler's $16 million contract in March.
But not only did the Raiders and 49ers finish with the same record, but they also finished with identical.512 strength of schedules, which is used as the second tiebreaker for positioning in the NFL Draft.
Cleveland became the second team in National Football League history to finish a season 0-16, securing the No. 1 overall pick for the second consecutive season in the process.
There will be a lot of coaches looking for work soon, some have already been let go.
The Colts (4-12) will pick third, followed by the Browns again, the Broncos (5-11), Jets, Buccaneers, Bears.
The first 20 picks of the 2018 NFL Draft are set with picks 21-32 to be decided by playoff results. Dolphins (6-10) 12. Bengals (7-9) 13/14.
- Hollywood actresses launch Time's Up, to help fight sexual harassment at workplace
- DeMar DeRozan Breaks Raptors Franchise Record with 52 Points
- New Year's Eve wind chill in Detroit forecast below zero
- First supermoon of 2018 in Cornwall
- My Land, My Rules! New Zealanders Build 'Island' to Thwart Alcohol Ban
- India's December manufacturing PMI sees fastest growth in five years
- Iranian protesters attack police stations, raise stakes in unrest
- Nike accidentally announce Coutinho to Barcelona transfer on their website
- Two arrested in murder of mother, kids, partner in Troy, New York
- Pakistan summons U.S. ambassador over Trump's tweet