Jacksonville's longest drive in its postseason history has given it a 10-3 lead over Buffalo after three quarters in an AFC wild-card game.
The Jaguars defense, which ranks first in the NFL in yards per play allowed (4.6), first in Football Outsiders' efficiency ratings and second in sack percentage, has been out of this world. The drive culminated in Blake Bortles' 1-yard touchdown pass to Ben Koyack with 49 seconds remaining in the quarter. Bortles carried nine times for 89 yards to supplement a subpar passing game. McCoy rushed for 1,138 yards and six scores on the season, helping Buffalo to a shocking postseason berth with a 9-7 record.
Buffalo and Jacksonville are scoreless after the first quarter.
Taylor was tended to by the team's medical staff on the field.
The first half was filled with rough offense, especially for the Jaguars. The Bills got the chance after Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith jumped offside on fourth-and-3, giving Buffalo a first down. Facing a strong Bills secondary, perhaps the best formula for a Jaguars victory will be a heavy dose of Leonard Fournette, although his performances have been rather uneven as of late.
The Jaguars managed just 27 yards in the first quarter.
The Tennessee Titans beat the Kansas City Chiefs 22-21 on Saturday in their Wild Card game. Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles is capable of winning the game for either team, depending on which version shows on Sunday.
Buffalo, which squeezed into the playoffs when Cincinnati upset Baltimore in the last week of the season, settled for Stephen Hauschka's 31-yard field goal after blowing a first-and-goal at the one-yard line following a Jaguar penalty.
And the Bills would love a bite at their AFC East rivals New England if they can edge past Jacksonville.
The Panthers-Saints victor will play at Minnesota next week.
- Chrissy Teigen Defends Her Logan Paul Tweets After iJustine Criticizes Them
- Malaysia approves new search for missing airliner
- Jake Tapper Cuts off Stephen Miller on CNN
- China Says 32 People, Mostly Iranians, Missing After Oil Tanker Collision
- ABC Cancels 'The Mayor' After One Season
- No relief until Tuesday as Sydney swelters in 47.3 degree heat
- Ex-president Saakashvili found guilty in Girgvliani case
- Ripple Retreats as Coinbase Denies New Coin Listing Rumors
- After Trump threatens to cut aid to Pak, India says stand vindicated
- South Africa hail 'genius' of De Villiers