It looks like 2017 has proven to be one of the best years for Nintendo, the Japanese gaming company.
Nintendo did a lot right in 2017. We are proud to award Nintendo with the titles of Shacknews Best Developer and Publisher of the Year. Kirby Star Allies, Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei, and the untitled Yoshi game are popular contenders. This accomplishment speaks to the strength of the company's new strategy.
But, on the other, we also got Super Bomberman R for the Nintendo Switch last year, and that's a bit of a shocker considering that we haven't seen a new release from that series in years. The Switch has been a great home for indie titles as well, so more games from smaller developers are likely to come up at a Nintendo presentation. Super Mario Odyssey's position is quite remarkable, considering it launched the latest and yet still secured second place. Amazon has released its list of the best-selling games from 2017, and Nintendo managed to take seven of the top 10 spots.
Very soon on Nintendo Switch, you will be able to run homebrew titles, a news that does not cause a particular sensation because already in the month of November it was clear that sooner or later it would be possible. They deserve high praise for taking a chance and allowing Ubisoft to experiment with their IP crown jewel, Mario. The main thing Nintendo will want to avoid is the development of piracy tools, like the R4 back in the DS days, or the Gateway cards that released for the 3DS.
In a similar fashion, it is only recently that Overcooked: Special Edition for the Nintendo Switch is getting a physical release on Amazon despite being on the eShop for many months now, but it is routine for developers to deliver an all-in-one edition of their game when they release on a platform months after release.
- America Ferrera and husband Ryan Piers Williams are having a baby
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma go shopping in South Africa, here's the picture
- Two arrested in murder of mother, kids, partner in Troy, New York
- Samsung Galaxy A8 now available for pre-order in South Korea
- Hollywood actresses launch Time's Up, to help fight sexual harassment at workplace
- BJP condemns Tanveer Sait's statement oppossing instant triple talaq
- Texas police looking for missing girls who may have been abducted
- A Series Of Unfortunate Events Season 2 Teaser & Premiere Date Revealed!
- Lorde accused of antisemitism in newspaper ad after cancelling Israel concert
- Apple To Replace iPhone Batteries Even If They Pass Genius Bar Test