Samples of the Xavier processor, which can deliver 30 trillion deep learning operations per second and only use 30 watts of power, will be delivered to customers this quarter.
Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess joined Huang on stage to highlight the new VW I.D. Buzz, a prototype electric vehicle that Volkswagon hopes will cement its place as a market leader for AI computing in cars.
Nvidia will help Volkswagen put out its new ID Buzz, the reimatining of the VW MicroBus in electric vehicle form and equipped with AI for the cockpit, self-driving and safety.
Uber, the largest ride-hailing company, will use Nvidia processors and software for its forthcoming fleet of self-driving vehicles, the chipmaker's Chief Executive Officer Jen-Hsun Huang said at the CES consumer electronics show Sunday in Las Vegas.
Nvidia has had a stellar past year, with its share price doubling since the same period in 2017. "Autonomous driving, zero tailpipe emission mobility and digital networking are virtually impossible without advances in AI and deep learning".
Xavier's specs include 9 billion transistors, a custom version of the company's powerful Volta GPU, and a whole bunch of other complex numbers that make Xavier the biggest chip of its kind.
NVIDIA has previously teamed up with the likes of Tesla and China's Baidu. Volkswagen will also work with Drive AR, a new augmented reality-based SDK that works off the same Nvidia technology platform.
Volkswagen and Nvidia's co-piloting system will provide convenience and assistance features using sensors inside and outside the vehicle. "We've been working with NVIDIA on developing on-vehicle chips for autonomous driving, which aims to accelerate the pace of mass production of autonomous vehicles". The collaboration will initially focus on "intelligent co-pilot" capabilities, which includes convenience systems that analyze sensors within the auto.
- P!nk named to perform United States anthem at Super Bowl 52
- Princess Charlotte's First Day of School Photos Are the Most Adorable
- Pierce County deputy fatally shot after responding to home invasion; manhunt underway
- New DJI Osmo Mobile Smartphone Stabilizer Launched - Way Cheaper than the Original
- Controversial Mississippi Law Limiting LGBT Rights Not Heading To Supreme Court
- 'Google Pay' is Here to Rebrand Company's Payment Solutions
- Lana Del Rey confirms that she is being sued by Radiohead
- Ex-engineer sues Google for discriminating against conservative white males
- Aaron Taylor selected for College Football Hall of Fame
- See Natalie Portman Zing the Golden Globes for Nominating Only Male Directors