According to Rapoport, Gutekunst signed a five-year deal.
Gutekunst, Wolf and vice president of player administration and player finance Russ Ball are the three top internal candidates to be the team's next general manager. He also spent time in the scouting departments with the New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs.
It was revealed Saturday that the Packers asked the Seahawks for permission to talk to Schneider, who has been Seattle's GM since 2010 but grew up in De Pere, Wis., within about six miles of Lambeau Field, and had reportedly been interested in returning to run his hometown team.
Gutekunst, 44, will enter his 20th season with the Packers in 2018.
A UW-La Crosse alum, Gutekunst is the son of John Gutekunst, the head coach at the University of Minnesota from 1985 through 1991.
Gutekunst interviewed for the San Francisco 49ers' GM job a year ago and was a finalist before withdrawing from consideration before the team hired FOX Sports TV analyst and former National Football League safety John Lynch.
Chances are that someone (perhaps Bob McGinn) will have a detailed story regarding things done behind the scenes to help Gutekunst get the job, and things that will happen behind the scenes now that the Packers have a new football boss.
McCarthy did not speak specifically about any concerns about Ball, but he repeatedly spoke of the importance of "fit" between him and a new general manager when he did his end-of-season press conference on Thursday. He spent his first 13 years with the Packers as a regional college scout and from 2012-2015 he served as the director of college scouting. He joined the Packers' full-time in 1998.
- LaVar Ball Says Lakers No Longer Want To Play for Luke Walton
- After Outcry Over Saffron, UP Haj House Repainted In White Colour
- Ripple Retreats as Coinbase Denies New Coin Listing Rumors
- Acer Chromebook 11 packs USB-C and 10 hour battery
- Malaysia approves new search for missing airliner
- Trump postpones his 'fake news' awards
- NFL Wild Card Betting: Is Bills vs. Jaguars a Total Mismatch? 1/7/18
- Goerges beats Wozniacki to win ASB Classic
- Karnataka Assembly elections 2018: Yogi, Siddaramaiah engage in Twitter war
- Jake Tapper Cuts off Stephen Miller on CNN