Nellore: The countdown for the launch of the PSLV on Friday, which will place the Cartosat-2 and 30 smaller satellites in space, has begun at 5.38 am on Thursday at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Shar, Srihari-kota in Nellore district.
After failure of its last mission, this launch remains tricky as the ISRO will be attempting a two-orbit feat for the second time. Isro is now reaching a stage where it can launch one satellite a month, but that must be increased to at least two launches a month which means the space agency can do 18-24 launches a year to meet the demand, immediate past chairman of Isro A S Kiran Kumar had told TOI.
The 31 satellites include three Indian satellites and 28 satellites from six foreign countries - Canada, Finland, France, Republic of Korea, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The 28 worldwide customer satellites are being launched as part of the commercial arrangements between Antrix Corporation Limited (Antrix), a Government of India company under Department of Space (DOS), the commercial arm of ISRO and the global customers.
# PSLV C-40 rocket launches Cartosat-2, 30 other satellites in single mission from Sriharikota.
The 31 satellites with a combined weight of 1,323 kg have been integrated with the PSLV for deploying them in the earth's lower orbit after lift off.
The launch is estimated to take 7 minutes and 15 seconds, and the telecast will be both in Hindi and English.
It's about three minutes till the mission commences. India, too, is sending one micro and nano satellite. ISRO had successfully launched Cartosat-2 Series satellite on June 22, 2016. "Yes, we have high-profile missions, including exploratory ones (Chandrayaan-2, Aditya-L1), in the pipeline and I'll be able to comment in detail once I assume office after the launch", Sivan said.
As per reports, ISRO plans to launch at least one satellite every month.
- Pak anthem row: Independent MLA marshalled out of J&K Assembly
- Toyota, Mazda plan to build factory in Alabama
- Chelsea vs. Arsenal, League Cup semifinal 1st leg: Half-time report
- Google Assistant is coming to Dish Network this year
- HP issues laptop recall over battery blaze fears
- INEC Announces Timetable for 2019 Elections
- The Weeknd, LeBron, Diddy slam H&M over ad campaign
- 'Dead' prisoner 'comes to life' in body bag
- Arshi Khan is the surprise visitor with special powers
- CES 2018: TCL Unveils Expanded Home Entertainment Lineup