Canada's Transportation Safety Board said it is investigating.
WestJet airlines said its Boeing 737-800 carrying 168 passengers and six crew was waiting for a gate when it was hit by a Sunwing plane. There were no passengers on the China Southern plane, Marsico said.
"Certainly we would look into the evacuation procedures", he said in an interview.
A collision between two jets caused a scary situation at Toronto's Pearson Airport on Friday. "These are all elements of information we will be gathering as part of the investigation". After a couple of seconds the entire thing ignited and it was chaos inside the plane.
Adriana Lobo, who was traveling with her children aboard the WestJet plane, said passengers were initially unsure of what had happened until they were evacuated.
Shortly thereafter, he said he saw a fireball near the plane's wing and began to smell smoke.
Toronto Pearson said that one member of the Fire and Emergency Service was taken to hospital and treated for injuries sustained from the incident.
He said the resulting commotion made it hard to hear instructions from the flight crew, adding what information came through was sometimes contradictory.
Late Friday in NY, an accident also happened on a runway at John F. Kennedy International Airport when the right wing of a China Southern Airlines plane tipped the tail of a Kuwait Airlines plane, the Port Authority of NY and New Jersey said.
Alagheband said he never heard announcements coming from the pilot clarifying how to proceed, a situation he said was unsafe given the fact that a fire was burning near an area where plane fuel is stored.
"The incident occurred when our employee was pushing back the plane from the gate", Pierre Payette, Swissport Canada Handling Inc vice president of operations for Toronto, said in a statement emailed to Reuters.
- Raiders officially announce Jon Gruden as team's head coach
- Paul Pierce Doesn't Want Isaiah Thomas Tribute Video During Jersey Retirement
- Titans RB ruled out for playoff game vs. Chiefs
- Rams trail Falcons 19-10 in fourth quarter
- South Africa hail 'genius' of De Villiers
- Trump administration requests $18 billion for border wall
- Nintendo Switch becomes fastest-selling console in the US
- Sopore: Four cops killed in IED blast
- JMU Football on Practice Field for FCS Championship Game
- Beats Cofounder Jimmy Iovine Saying Goodbye to Apple