The posh company which supplies lingerie to the British Monarch has lost its royal status following publication of a book revealing intimate details surrounding royal bra fittings.
The upmarket underwear brand, which now operates stores in the USA and the Middle East, lost the coveted honour a year ago, shortly after its founder June Kenton published her autobiography, Storm in a D Cup, in March.
In interviews, Mrs. Kenton revealed that Diana not only came for fittings, but ordered swimsuits designed in Israel and accepted posters showing models in lingerie and swimwear for princes William and Harry to display in their Eton studies.
In order to be issued a royal warrant, a brand or retailer must have supplied goods or services to the royal family for at least five out of the last seven years.
Queen Elizabeth II is driven away after attending a Sunday service at St Mary Magdalene church on the Royal Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
"I never ever thought when I was writing the book that it would upset anyone".
Rigby & Peller now have stores in and around London as well as in some of the most prestigious shopping locations. "It's frightful and a real shock", she said.
The upmarket underwear firm lost the coveted honour after the woman who turned the company into one of the leading bra and knicker retailers in the world wrote a tell-all book about her professional life, giving details of her royal fittings.
Russell Tanguay, director of warrants at the Royal Warrant Holders Association, would not go into details about the decision on Rigby & Peller.
Insisting it was a sweet story of a corsetiere, Mrs Kenton said: "I probably should have submitted it to them but I didn't think anything would be required".
Buckingham Palace, meanwhile, told the Express that it would "never comment on individual companies". Kenton bought the lingerie shop in 1982 with her husband; she sold it in 2011 but remains on the board.
Rigby & Peller's United Kingdom office and Belgian parent company Van de Velde were unavailable for comment when contacted by Lingerie Insight.
- Donald Trump's UK Visit Canceled, Rex Tillerson May Open New London Embassy
- Home and Away actress Jessica Falkholt's life support turned off after crash
- Young Texas Church Shooting Victim Finally Returns Home after Months in Hospital
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Switch Port Announced, Release Date Set
- Watch the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Ultimate Collector's Edition Get Unboxed
- Donald Trump Reveals 'Norway Has This Thing Called Water'
- Overwatch League Opening Day Peaked at Over 400000 Viewers
- DeLauro pushes CDC director for answers on E. coli outbreak
- Walmart Raises Its Minimum Wage and Gives Bonuses
- Iran nuclear deal worth keeping