This means Apple could miss out on 16 million iPhone upgrades in 2018, the analyst said.
Apple's offer to replace old batteries at cheaper rates may affect new iPhone sales in 2018.
Are you eligible for a free iPhone battery replacement on your iPhone 6S?
The battery program will only be in effect through the end of the year, and there are also other reasons for iPhone users to upgrade. You should know the original battery capacity of your iPhone and then compare it to the one showed in the Raw Data, if it is lesser than the original capacity then you must go for battery replacement.
This announcement had some unanticipated consequences-namely, the launch of multiple lawsuits against Apple.
The battery replacement program feels like a knee-jerk response to a problem that Apple created for itself, and I feel that the solution itself is going to cause more bad press down the line. Washington Trust Bank now owns 84,017 shares of the iPhone maker's stock valued at $14,218,000 after buying an additional 1,689 shares during the period. The news said that the looming court battle traces its roots back in December of a year ago when Reddit users discovered that the makers of the popular iPhones rolled out updates that deliberately slowed down the performance of some of their previous flagship smartphone models. In fact, Apple was found guilty of the deliberate tweaking after several users reported the improved performance on their old iPhone after changing the battery.
Note: Although the exact battery condition is not relevant to get the replacement, as clarified by Apple, the company could refuse to do the replacement if there is other damage to the device or it finds interfering third-party components.
In an apology letter written last week, the technology company announced it would be dropping prices by almost two-thirds for anyone with an iPhone 6 model or later. To make it up to owners, it offered people with certain out-of-warranty models replacement batteries at the dirt-cheap price of $29. Companies like Samsung and Alphabet Inc's (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Google are likely to take swipes at Apple's iPhone throttling move in an effort to sway more consumers to pick their smartphones.
That being said, Barclays had some positive things to say about Apple.
- Camila Cabello Reveals Fifth Harmony's 2017 MTV VMA Performance Hurt Her Feelings
- Karni Sena protests outside CBFC office in Mumbai; members detained
- Fog warning for Flintshire - Thursday evening through to Friday
- President Trump reportedly refers to Haiti, African nations as s***hole countries
- Owner says Mike Mularkey is Titans coach for next year
- Dark Souls: Remastered Announced, Coming May 25
- Judges angry about functioning of India's Supreme Court
- Turkey summons US Chargé d'Affaires over Syria issue
- Trump says he doesn't think Winfrey will run
- Arab League Drafts Response To Trump's Jerusalem Decision