Many workers learned that their store would be closing only after showing up and seeing locked doors and a notice of the closure.
"Sam's Club contracted a private security company who stationed an officer outside the store to inform the public of its closure".
The post said Sam's Club management was not able to provide additional information about the closing, other than the store was permanently closed.
Employees tell News 3 they were informed of the closure Thursday morning. We'll convert some of them into eCommerce fulfillment centers - to better serve the growing number of members shopping with us online and continue scaling the SamsClub.com business.
Walmart also announced today it would increase its minimum hourly wage for its USA employees to $11 and give bonuses up to $1,000, crediting the tax cut approved by Congress and signed into law by President Trump.
Sam's Club CEO John Furner notified employees of the move Thursday. Calling the store gives you a recorded message saying the location would reopen on Friday, January 12, with no further explanation.
The company has not issued a formal release on the decision.
Employees at all three Jacksonville stores answered the phone Thursday and said they were open.
Check back for updates to this developing story.
- Women Accuse James Franco off Sexual Misconduct
- Queen's bra-fitter stripped of royal title after 'tell-all' book
- Walmart Raises Its Minimum Wage and Gives Bonuses
- Skype To Get End-To-End Encryption
- Became known the cause of the loss of secret USA satellite
- Messi stars with brace as Barca cruise
- Donald Trump Reveals 'Norway Has This Thing Called Water'
- Dark Souls: Remastered Announced, Coming May 25
- Young Texas Church Shooting Victim Finally Returns Home after Months in Hospital
- Donald Trump's UK Visit Canceled, Rex Tillerson May Open New London Embassy