Many workers learned that their store would be closing only after showing up and seeing locked doors and a notice of the closure.
"Sam's Club contracted a private security company who stationed an officer outside the store to inform the public of its closure".
The post said Sam's Club management was not able to provide additional information about the closing, other than the store was permanently closed.
Employees tell News 3 they were informed of the closure Thursday morning. We'll convert some of them into eCommerce fulfillment centers - to better serve the growing number of members shopping with us online and continue scaling the SamsClub.com business.
Walmart also announced today it would increase its minimum hourly wage for its USA employees to $11 and give bonuses up to $1,000, crediting the tax cut approved by Congress and signed into law by President Trump.
Sam's Club CEO John Furner notified employees of the move Thursday. Calling the store gives you a recorded message saying the location would reopen on Friday, January 12, with no further explanation.
The company has not issued a formal release on the decision.
Employees at all three Jacksonville stores answered the phone Thursday and said they were open.
Check back for updates to this developing story.
- Became known the cause of the loss of secret USA satellite
- DeLauro pushes CDC director for answers on E. coli outbreak
- Watch the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Ultimate Collector's Edition Get Unboxed
- Donald Trump's UK Visit Canceled, Rex Tillerson May Open New London Embassy
- Women Accuse James Franco off Sexual Misconduct
- Donald Trump Reveals 'Norway Has This Thing Called Water'
- Home and Away actress Jessica Falkholt's life support turned off after crash
- Skype To Get End-To-End Encryption
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Switch Port Announced, Release Date Set
- Young Texas Church Shooting Victim Finally Returns Home after Months in Hospital