That report comes a day after the Seahawks dismissed offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and hours after word that they may also be parting ways with defensive coordinator Kris Richard. Wilson has been sacked 40 or more times in each of the last five seasons.
Bevell has been calling the plays for the Seahawks offense all throughout Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin's impressive careers. His popularity among Seattle fans began to decline when the Seahawks fell to the Patriots in Super Bowl 49 due to an interception at the 1-yard line after the team made the controversial decision not to run the ball. Seattle ranked as high as fourth in the National Football League in total offense at 378.6 yards per game in 2015, but struggled specifically with its running game the past two seasons, which also took a toll on the offense as a whole. Seattle struggled to remain constistent this season, and eventually finished with a 9-7 record - the first time the Seahawks would both finish with less than 10 wins and fail to make the postseason since 2011.
"It's not playcalling. It's not playcalling", Baldwin said. Offensively, that's what we've seen countless time and time again that we do not execute the way we should. Seattle finished no worse than fourth in rushing from 2012 to 2015 but has been 23rd and 25th in the past two seasons. Per Rapoport, the Seahawks are letting Richard pursue "another opportunity", although it's unclear what that opportunity is. And that's on us as players.
The 48-year-old Bevell joined the Seahwaks in 2011 after spending the previous five seasons serving as Vikings offensive coordinator. Wilson led the team in rushing in 2017 with 586 yards and produced three of the team's four rushing touchdowns.
- Teacher handcuffed after questioning superintendent's pay raise during school board meeting
- This is how quickly cigarettes can hook you
- Joe Arpaio's Latest Offense - Running for Senate
- Conservative Party forgets to renew website security certificate
- Alabama RB Bo Scarbrough leaving school early, headed to National Football League , source says
- FG Repatriates Another 493 Nigerians From Libya, Reveals Rehabilitation Plan
- Tokyo refuses call to do more on 'comfort women' issue
- President Winfrey? No way, says Trump: "I'll beat Oprah"
- Former Browns HC Mike Pettine to Become Packers Defensive Coordinator
- Harvey Weinstein Attacked In Restaurant After Reportedly Refusing Photo