"There are so many films out there that are so good directed by women".
Announcing the nominees for Best Director alongside Ron Howard, Portman delivered a little bit of truth-a reminder that men still dominate in award shows' biggest categories. Let's just say we're already sketching out a Renaissance painting in this moment's honor. As previously reported, almost every attendee at the ceremony wore black as a way of supporting the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment and "Time's Up", a movement that fight against sexual assault, harassment and inequality in the workplace.
All the Celebs Who Wore Black at Golden Globes 2018
Natalie Portman wants some more women in her life. Guillermo del Toro, 53 - who eventually took home the Golden Globe for Best Director for his film, The Shape of Water - was in utter shock over her diss.
"So backstage I heard they said something about my, uh, I was the only woman to get - did I hear right, yes - the only woman to get the best director award. Folks, time's up", she said, referring to the movement against gender inequality and sexual harassment.
The Golden Globes award ceremony reflected that as seen by the speeches and the attire that numerous performers chose to wear on the red carpet. She did not mention, but was likely thinking the omission of Greta Gerwig for Lady Bird and Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman). Selma's Ava DuVernay made history in 2014 with her monumental nomination for best director, becoming the first woman of color to appear in the category.
- SpaceX to launch top-secret Zuma Sunday
- 'Raising Iran unrest at United Nations a blunder'
- Fire breaks out at Trump Tower: Photos, videos
- Shrewsbury Town earn deserved replay against West Ham United
- Korea seeks to discuss divided families, easing tensions at inter-Korean talks
- Senate Democrats Obtain Enough Support to Force Net Neutrality Vote
- Rivals.com reporter Courtney Roland missing in Houston
- Arsenal ready to complete £40m transfer deal for 29-year-old attacker
- I Miss Catt Sadler
- Amazon Alexa Will Come To Windows 10 PCs This Year