Police have clarified that the man is only a "person of interest" as of now.
(Web Desk) - International supermodel Cara Delevingne expressed great grief and sadness over the brutal murder of seven-year-old Zainab after rape in Kasur.
Two people were killed by gunshot wounds as enraged protesters armed with sticks and stones attempted to storm the deputy commissioner's office and clashed with police. The situation at Kasur police station got quite tense after which police had to disperse the crowd, in which two civilians were killed. Dawn reported and quoted the Punjab government as saying that six people, including four policemen, were arrested for opening fire on protestors.
Zainab's parents returned from their pilgrimage on Wednesday but they were unable to attend their child's funeral prayers.
Zainab's death comes less than three years after a scandal in Kasur when at least 280 children were filmed being sexually abused by a gang of 25 men, who blackmailed their parents by threatening to leak the videos.
The Inspector General of Punjab Police had earlier told reporters that a Joint Investigation Team set up to probe the case had received the DNA test results and investigations were underway. Police recovered the body of Zainab on Tuesday from a garbage dumpster in Kasur district, eastern Pakistan. "I am a mother", she said, at the start of the show.
Zainab had left her house in the Road Kot area for her maternal aunt's for religious lessons on January 4.
Regional Police Officer (RPO) Kasur Zulfikar Muhammad confirmed that the girl was strangled to death.
It is the 12th such murder in the town of Kasur in a year, and has raised concern that a serial killer may be on the loose. He told the media that Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has directed the forensic lab to expedite the process for Zainab's autopsy.
A number of police officials have been transferred out of the region for failing to investigate complaints of missing children since 2015, when authorities uncovered what they said was a paedophile ring linked to a prominent local family.
Laws for the protection of children must be made in line with worldwide laws, he said.
- Diet Coke Gets Brand Makeover In Bid To Attract Millenials
- California suspect in fatal hoax 911 call sent to Kansas
- Will Call Pakistan's Nuke Bluff If Tasked To Cross Border: Army Chief
- "Dark Souls: Remastered" Revealed for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- 38 minutes of fear: How a Hawaii missile alert test went wrong
- Detective Pikachu amiibo and game announced for North America
- Warriors' Omri Casspi (back) listed as questionable for Saturday
- Bangladeshi immigrant indicted in failed pipe bombing at Port Authority
- Sam's Club To Close 63 Locations
- LG to unveil its rollabale 65-inch 4K OLED TV