Palwal: Haryana on Tuesday woke up to a chilling series of murders in which six people were brutally killed at separate locations across Palwal.
The accused, Naresh Kadiyan, was arrested around 7 am by a police team while he was on his way to his father-in-law's house, apparently to murder him.
A lieutenant in the army, he had taken voluntary retirement in 2003 on medical grounds and is now in his 40s, the police said.
The ex-Armyman first attacked a woman, who was attending her relative, admitted in the ICU of Palwal Hospital. He has majorly targeted the poor, security guard or the beggars informed the police. He was presently posted as SDO in Haryana's Agriculture Department and posted at Bhiwani district. Television channels showed CCTV footage of Naresh walking inside the hospital holding a rod. In the video, the man was seen armed with the rod and moving around.
"Police found all the dead bodies in a distance of two to three km". In the next few hours, four more murders came to light, which included a kabadi wallah and a guard.
The crimes took place close to a police station. The accused, who also received injuries, also tried to attack the policemen when they tried to arrest him.
The man was arrested from Adarsh Nagar area in Palwal. He was later transferred to a hospital in Faridabad.
- Spotify Hit With Massive $1.6 Billion Lawsuit from Music Publisher
- 'Near-blizzard' conditions possible Thursday, 5 to 8 inches of snow forecast
- USA soldier killed and four others injured in Afghanistan battle
- Scientists work with candy manufacturer to save chocolate from extinction
- Haley says United States withholding $255 million aid from Pakistan
- Leicester will not rush Vardy return, says Puel
- Meet the U.S. twins born minutes apart but in two different years
- Swansea City v Tottenham confirmed line-ups: Harry Kane named on the bench
- Justin Timberlake Announces New Album Titled 'Man of the Woods'
- Lewis Dunk: 'Brighton draw with Bournemouth frustrating'