According to Wolff's book, Trump alleged he installed Mohammed bin Salman as Saudi Arabia's crown prince, and took credit for it.
Though this was the first time Trump responded to the mental fitness question, he, the White House, and the GOP have already been attacking the book. This prompted Holt to move up the book's publication to early Friday, rather than the originally planned release date Tuesday.
However, as per Trump, the book is full of lies and its publication has been pushed to four more days.
The book quickly sold out in shops in Washington.
"I think one of the interesting effects of the book so far is a very clear emperor-has-no-clothes effect", Wolff said in an interview broadcast on Saturday. "Look at this guy's past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!" the President tweeted.
"I absolutely spoke to the president".
"It's a disgrace that he can do something like this", Trump said of the book, which was released on Friday and contained damaging allegations about his presidency. Whether he realized it was an interview or not, I don't know. Donald Trump commented that when he fired Bannon, he lost not only his work, but his wits, he added.
- Trump skips parts of national anthem at football game
- Where to Watch Overwatch League
- Israel Bans 20 BDS Groups from the Country
- President Trump plans to attend Davos gathering
- Widnes Vikings centre, Kato Ottio, dies at 23
- 'Black Panther' roars with new TV spot as tickets go on sale
- CES 2018: Kia Niro EV blows audience with its range claims
- Volunteers gearing up for MLK Day of Service
- I'd 'beat Oprah' in 2020 presidential match-up
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?