Wind chill advisories have been issued for much of western NY.
The temperature at 8 a.m.in the Tri-Cities was about 2 degrees below freezing, with the temperature expected to warm only a couple of degrees by late afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday night: Clear with a low around 23. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
Today: Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 4.
WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy, mild and breezy.
Hall County's interim emergency management director, Casey Ramsey, put the word out to first responders on Friday, warning of a "very high probability" of freezing rain overnight Sunday and into the morning on Monday.
Friday night: Mostly clear with a low around 28. The temperature will rise to around 34 by 3 a.m., with a south wind of 7 to 9 miles per hour.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with a high near 39.
Record low temperatures were shattered Tuesday and Wednesday. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 miles per hour in the afternoon.
Highs are forecast only in the upper teens Friday and Saturday afternoons, and temperatures are expected to fall to 6 degrees early Saturday morning and 3 degrees early Sunday morning at BWI.
While there is a 40 percent chance of snow on Monday, temperatures will climb to almost 30 degrees on Monday under cloudy skies before the skies clear on Tuesday and the thermometer pushes above the freezing mark for the first times in days.
By Monday, highs may inch into the 40s, but, there's also a chance of a wintry mix.
Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with a high near 50.
Wednesday's high in Madison was 12, 15 degrees below normal and 45 degrees below the record high of 57 for January 3, set in 1874.
- China tightens North Korea trade restrictions under United Nations sanctions
- Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger Given Touchline Ban For Referee Outburst
- Exynos 9810: specs emerge for Galaxy S9 chip
- Amid Calls from Trump, FBI Renews Questions Over Clinton Foundation
- Death toll in terrorist attack in Kabul rises to 20 people
- Serena Williams reveals real reason for pulling out of the Australian Open
- Trump ready to punish Iran's elite guard unit
- Singapore Airlines Included Among Safest Carriers Of World In 2018
- Apple developers rack up $26.5bn from apps in 2017
- Final Monster Hunter World beta coming to PS4