They also highlighted the important outcome of the summit meeting between His Majesty and the Turkish president in the Turkish capital Ankara last month, and the momentum it provided to increase cooperation and coordination between the two countries.
It has repeatedly condemned Washington's support for the YPG.
But in a major potential obstacle for Sochi, Turkey says it will oppose any talks involving the Syrian Kurdish militia the Peoples' Protection Units (YPG), which Ankara views as a terror group.
Turkey has been fiercely opposed to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad during his country's six-year-old civil war but has recently been working with his allies Russian Federation and Iran for a political resolution to the conflict.
However, Syrian regime forces, with Russian backing have stepped up attacks trying to regain control of the area controlled by the rebels.
"Russia and Iran must stop the Syrian regime".
On January 9, news broke that the Turkish Foreign Ministry had summoned the Russian and Iranian ambassadors claiming that Syrian government forces had "violated the ceasefire in the Idlib de-escalation zone".
Furthermore, the offensive could lead to collapse of Astana process and eventually the hardly established cease-fire in de-escalation zones.
Earlier, Ankara's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu stated that Syrian armed forces have been carrying out attacks on the so-called moderate opposition in the province of Idlib under the pretext of fighting terrorism.
Hayat Tahrir al-Sham group, spearheaded by the former al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria that was known as the al-Nusra Front, is mainly dominating in Idlib. "We clearly understand that, and therefore we will show solidarity", Russian media quoted Putin as saying.
The US charges d'affaires in Ankara has been summoned to the Turkish foreign ministry over recent developments in Syria, sources in the Turkish foreign ministry said on Wednesday.
- USA core inflation hits 11-month high
- Health officials warn of widespread flu cases
- President Trump reportedly refers to Haiti, African nations as s***hole countries
- Judges angry about functioning of India's Supreme Court
- Run, don't walk, to replace your iPhone battery for $29
- Camila Cabello Reveals Fifth Harmony's 2017 MTV VMA Performance Hurt Her Feelings
- Junket tourism
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- New Poll: Majority of Americans Oppose Federal Intervention on Marijuana
- Owner says Mike Mularkey is Titans coach for next year