CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer was speaking with senior White House correspondent Jim Acosta when the two weighed-in on Trump's historic decision to broadcast his round-table discussion on DACA, the border wall, and other highly-contested issues as Congress prepares to tackle immigration reform.
White House domestic policy advisor Stephen Miller refused to go off his talking points bashing the book by Michael Wolff about the early days of the Trump White House. Beyond his reputation for not being careful with the facts, Wolff admitted he said whatever he needed to say to gain the trust of White House officials, which makes you wonder, if he so thoroughly deceived them, how much is he deceiving us?
The interview became increasingly hostile as Mr Miller opted to attack CNN instead of answering questions about Mr Trump's fitness to be president.
But, deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley contested that narrative during a "gaggle" with reporters on Monday. "CNN has been extraordinarily biased, extraordinarily unfair to the president and is not giving their viewers honest information", he said in response.
Miller, during his CNN appearance, praised Trump as "a self-made billionaire who revolutionized reality TV and who has changed the course of our politics".
The interview became so contentious that Tapper cut the interview short, claiming Miller was "wasting his viewers' time".
"Don't be condescending, Jake", Miller barked.
This article has been updated to include that Miller was reportedly escorted from the CNN set, as well as the post-show transcript.
- Marcus Mariota strained his quad in first quarter
- Health officials: 15 deaths, 'high level' of hospitalizations reported from flu
- Ring in New Year legally when using fireworks
- IL evaluating Medicaid work requirement
- Dream WrestleMania Match In The Works?; John Cena Strengthens Relationship With Nickelodeon
- Israeli forces injure 40 Palestinians in West Bank
- Eliza Dushku A Stuntman Molested Me When I Was 12
- Diet Coke Gets Brand Makeover In Bid To Attract Millenials
- Trump asked why 'pretty Korean lady' analyst wasn't negotiating with North Korea
- Aftershocks hit Iran-Iraq border after deadly November natural disaster