As a team, the Sun Devils shot 56 percent from the field and scored 32 points off 23 forced turnovers.
Simon Asher Arizona's Dusan Ristic holds onto the ball amid a tangle of teammates and opposing Arizona State players during the Arizona-Arizona State game on Thursday, Feb. 15 in Wells Fargo Arena in Phoenix, Ariz. For the Sun Devils, winning tonight's game not only meant a win over their state rivals, but a momentum boast altogether.
Colorado: After winning their last three games in conference play, the Buffaloes lose an important game in a close Pac-12 conference race. But ultimately, Ayton and Trier were too much for the Sun Devils and the Wildcats regained control of the game down the stretch. Road games in conference play, especially when you're playing for a lot like both teams are, I think you can really grow and our team took a step forward tonight.
Arizona's victory in the December 30 matchup stemmed largely from ASU's inability to hit the broadside of a barn offensively, shooting a dismal 37.9 percent from the field (and 32 percent from three-point territory) in the contest.
Pac-12 and local teams: David Collette scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half as Utah (16-9, 8-6 Pac-12) overcame a sluggish first half to rally for a 70-58 victory at Washington (17-9, 7-6). "They've got to look [to get him the ball] more".
After junior forward Destiny Graham made both free-throws, the Sun Devils went on a 21-1 run for the rest of the third quarter.
Rawle Alkins' return to normalcy A big advantage for Arizona this go-around is the relative health of sophomore guard Rawle Alkins, who missed a large portion of the season with a foot injury. A college kid got a little to excited about a game.
Deandre Ayton accounted for eight of those offensive rebounds, seven in the second half alone or one more than the Sun Devils grabbed as a team over the final 20 minutes of the game.
"We competed, but we got to find ways to not dig ourselves holes so early", Justice said.
However, USC couldn't steal the win at the McKale Center, and thus, the Wildcats still reign supreme atop the conference, for now. I thought it was a high-level game at times. "But for us, I think we just want to win because we need the win".
- Auburn loses McLemore to injury, game to SC
- Oxfam director says sex abuse claims will stain charity for years
- Winter Weather Advisory: 3-6 Inches of Snow Forecasted For Framingham, MetroWest
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: 'Win over Hull City good preparation for Barcelona'
- Nirav Modi's passport, bank accounts frozen
- Popular Skating Duo Pulls Off Historic Move At Winter Olympics
- Winter Olympics 2018: Canada vs
- Nathan Chen on landing 6 quads: 'I had nothing to lose'
- Bubba in position for third win at Riviera
- Watch that massive battle with Russian mercenaries in Syria