Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin was taken into custody by authorities on Friday after Martin's disturbing post on social media. "So, out of an abundance of caution, we made the decision to close school today", the email read, reports the Los Angeles Times.
"Last evening, we learned of an Internet post that mentions Harvard-Westlake by name", Harvard-Westlake said in a statement.
The message added that the school's private security team was working with LAPD officers, who were present on campus.
FILE - In this October 27, 2013 file photo, Miami Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin sits on the bench in the first quarter of an NFL football game against the New England Patriots, in Foxborough, Mass.
Martin, a graduate of the high school, shared a photo of a shotgun and a handful of shells on his Instagram story Friday morning, along with the caption, "When you're a bully victim and a coward, your options are suicide or revenge".
PALO ALTO, CA - NOVEMBER 27: Jonathan Martin #55 and Richard Sherman #9 of the Stanford Cardinal celebrate after they beat the Oregon State Beavers at Stanford Stadium on November 27, 2010 in Palo Alto, California.
Albarran said they were notified of the Instagram post Thursday night, which was made by a student who attended the school about a decade or so ago. The Dolphins selected Martin in the second round in 2012.
"I don't think people were really that anxious being there", junior Nikki Smith, who waited at school with other bus riders, said.
In 2014, an independent investigator for the National Football League concluded that Incognito, along with two fellow offensive linemen, engaged in a pattern of harassment that targeted Martin and others.
Mr Martin did not play for Miami after the bullying allegations became public, and retired from the sport through injury in 2015. Martin also tagged two people who attended Harvard-Westlake when he did.
"You learn to tone down your size and blackness by becoming shy, introverted, friendly, so you won't scare the little rich white kids or their parents", Martin wrote. "It takes away from your self-confidence, your self-worth, your sanity".
This a developing story which we will update on a continuous basis.
- Women's empowerment key to securing welfare of families: Modi
- WWE Elimination Chamber matches, card, start time, date, location, rumors
- Women's Figure Skating: Who Are Yevgenia Medvedeva, Bradie Tennell? Gold Medal Favorites
- United Kingdom taxpayer-owned RBS reports first profit in a decade
- James Harden visited Timberwolves locker room postgame to check on Jimmy Butler
- Police officer dies during Bilbao clashes
- Lisa Marie Presley sues manager after losing millions
- Phone launches slated for Mobile World Congress '18
- Crystal Palace v Tottenham: Confirmed line-ups as Spurs rotate defence
- Chinese Auto Magnate Buys $9 Billion Stake in Daimler