Previewed at the end of previous year, Emoji 11.0 has now been finalized and includes 157 new emoji, bringing the total number of official emoji to 2,832.
The newest additions include red hair, hot and cold faces, superheroes, pirate flags, mosquitoes, and lobsters.
Is there an emoji missing that you want?
"Great news for ME - we're getting a lobster emoji!" wrote the 73-year-old senator, cleverly signing off his tweet with cow and crown emoji (Get it?). Android release dates are a little less predictable, but before the end of the year is a good bet. Other notable new emoji include a hot face (to enhance the often-abused flushed face), a woozy face for when you feel like making your intentions particularly vague, and male and female superheroes.
For more details, take a look at Emojipedia's rundown on Emoji 11.0 and check out the video below.
"Not only is the lobster of substantial cultural relevance", he argued, but according to online data, it also garners public interest that is at least equal to that of the crab, which already has its own emoji.
Mark Davis, the president of the governing body behind emoji, Unicode, says we can expect them on our phones in the second half of 2018.
- United Nations probing alleged chlorine gas attacks in Syria
- Davis Cup: Albert Ramos outlasts Cameron Norrie as Spain beat Great Britain
- Kings Score 9 In 1st, Rally To Beat Bulls 104-98
- Larry Nassar back in court to face 65 more victims in MI
- PlayStation 4 firmware 5.50 beta released: Here's what's inside
- Court lets Joshua Wong, friends walk free
- Pharmac to widen access to HIV drug
- Pence Holds Out Possibility of Meeting With North Korea at Olympics
- Winner of $559.7 Million Powerball Jackpot Asks Court to Remain Anonymous
- BP records 'one of the strongest years'