Previewed at the end of previous year, Emoji 11.0 has now been finalized and includes 157 new emoji, bringing the total number of official emoji to 2,832.
The newest additions include red hair, hot and cold faces, superheroes, pirate flags, mosquitoes, and lobsters.
Is there an emoji missing that you want?
"Great news for ME - we're getting a lobster emoji!" wrote the 73-year-old senator, cleverly signing off his tweet with cow and crown emoji (Get it?). Android release dates are a little less predictable, but before the end of the year is a good bet. Other notable new emoji include a hot face (to enhance the often-abused flushed face), a woozy face for when you feel like making your intentions particularly vague, and male and female superheroes.
For more details, take a look at Emojipedia's rundown on Emoji 11.0 and check out the video below.
"Not only is the lobster of substantial cultural relevance", he argued, but according to online data, it also garners public interest that is at least equal to that of the crab, which already has its own emoji.
Mark Davis, the president of the governing body behind emoji, Unicode, says we can expect them on our phones in the second half of 2018.
- Davis Cup: Albert Ramos outlasts Cameron Norrie as Spain beat Great Britain
- Kings Score 9 In 1st, Rally To Beat Bulls 104-98
- No snow to fall on wet Sunday
- Google Co-Founder Mentor Then Rival, Ex-Uber CEO Testifies
- United Nations probing alleged chlorine gas attacks in Syria
- Winner of $559.7 Million Powerball Jackpot Asks Court to Remain Anonymous
- FDA Analysis Shows Kratom Not "Just a Plant"
- Larry Nassar back in court to face 65 more victims in MI
- Josh McDaniels hired as head coach of Indianapolis Colts
- Pharmac to widen access to HIV drug