Timberlake's phone call to DeGeneres comes days after he had to defend his performance at the Super Bowl LII.
McKenna's fateful photo and the awkward moments leading up to it solidified his place in pop culture history, and while he got an wonderful photo with Justin Timberlake, he didn't really actually meet the singer. "Oh my god!" McKenna exclaims upon hearing Timberlake's voice. "There's someone on the phone that wants to say hi to you right now".
"He's just an awesome dancer and singer", McKenna said.
But the teen had no idea that Timberlake would be coming through his section. Host Ellen DeGeneres then complimented Justin on his performance, leading him to explain that dancing through the section wasn't part of the plan. Unlikely person becomes internet famous for something random, goes on a tour of talk shows, and gets even more surprises along the way (thus extending the internet fame just a little bit). DeGeneres then let McKenna know that thanks to the National Football League, he and his family would be getting a VIP experience at a New England Patriots home game next season, with four tickets to a game and four pregame field passes.
McKenna lives in MA, so he's only a few hours away from shredding the gnar and ripping through some fresh pow pow, as long as someone with a driver's license gives him a lift.
McKenna said that just going to the Super Bowl was pretty much "a dream come true".
"I look forward to our second selfie together", Timberlake promised.
And the 37-year-old hunk isn't the only one who gave the teenager a gift as National Football League continued to spread the love by giving him a VIP experience to a Patriots home game next season, as well as four tickets to a game, and four pre-game field passes.
- Freezing rain warning issued for Halifax by Environment Canada
- UK's Johnson says to raise detained Reuters reporters with Suu Kyi
- Red Gerard reaches snowboard slopestyle final, Chris Corning just misses
- Kane torments Arsenal again to prove his credentials
- Colts name Frank Reich head coach
- Agent explains why he dropped Josh McDaniels as a client
- Oxfam revelations lead to more accountability for charities
- South Africa's Ramaphosa: ANC Working to Resolve Fate of Zuma
- With extraordinary political optics, Winter Olympics begin
- United States dismisses fears of wider war in Syria