At a media briefing ahead of the visit, B. Bala Bhaskar, Joint Secretary (West Asia and North Africa) in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), said there are four dimensions to the visit to Palestine, one being it is the first prime ministerial visit from India to the West Asian nation.
A number of MoUs are likely to be signed between the two sides during PM Modi's three-hour visit to Palestine under which India will provide funding for a number of projects in the fields of health, education, culture and women's empowerment.
As Palestine works to establish an worldwide multilateral mechanism of negotiations, the Palestinian leader stated that "India can play a role in this".
After his Palestine visit, Modi will reach Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which is home to a huge Indian diaspora, on February 10 evening - his second visit after August 2015. "And the possible role India can play in enhancing peace in the region, as well as discussing different economical aspects beyond the existing ties we already possess", President Abbas said. "Our discussions today will give great strength to India-Jordan bilateral relations", Modi tweeted after meeting the King. The meeting will also discuss regional and worldwide situations of common concern, it said, adding the visit will also be an opportunity to thank India for its continued support for peace and the right of Palestinian people to freedom and independence. During his visit, the prime minister will also meet Indian expatriates in the UAE and in Oman. He will also address the sixth edition of the World Government Summit in Dubai, where India is the Guest Country of Honour.
He would also interact with leading businesspersons of Oman on developing stronger economic and business links with India. In UAE he will lay the foundation stone for a new temple for the Hindu community living there.
- Egypt launches military operation in Sinai, Nile Delta
- Islamic State 'Beatles' pair from United Kingdom 'should face trial'
- Brooklyn Pizza helps us celebrate National Pizza Day!
- Russians penetrated USA voter systems, DHS cybersecurity chief tells NBC
- Flu outbreak has killed at least 63 children: CDC officials
- Scientists Grow Human Eggs Ready To Be Fertilized
- Eurostar to begin direct services to Amsterdam
- DeFilippo Describes 'Whirlwind' of Becoming Vikings Offensive Coordinator
- Film with predominantly black actors was overdue - Black Panther's Andy Serkis
- Trump eyes military parade to showcase United States might