The National Weather Service is sticking with its prediction of 7-12 inches of snow across the southern tier of counties in MI, but now says the winter storm will move through faster than originally anticipated. "Not as much snow is expected but 1-4" can not be ruled out from I-80 to the southern border of the state by late Saturday. "Snow accumulations for east central Iowa (Dubuque, Cedar Rapids and Iowa City areas) will be 4-8" while 3-6" of snow is forecast for the rest of eastern Iowa, including Waterloo, Decorah, Tama and Washington.
Thursday Afternoon into Friday Morning.A stronger weather system will impact the state Thursday afternoon into Friday morning. The northern half of the area will see the snow first and that's where the heaviest, most organized snow bands will likely be.
In Chicago, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said the city was prepared for three more rounds of snow through the weekend after crews dealt with 6 to 7 inches overnight Thursday.
In 2011, residents weathered 20 inches of snow over two days.
Who's excited for more snow Thursday night?
We've seen a few rounds of snow so far this week and while many are hoping for a break, it doesn't appear we're going to be getting one anytime soon.
A commuter train pulls into the LaSalle Street station under a heavy snow fall early Friday, Feb. 9, 2018, in Chicago. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The same conditions persist travelling north on the QEII, while south, report claim the roads to be covered with snow and-or ice.
DeKalb County is bracing for another dumping of the snow on the area.
Chicago Public Schools canceled Friday classes ahead of the storm.
Friday night: Mostly cloudy, low around 1.
- Snow warning for across Ireland as temperatures to plummet to -3
- Rory McIlroy misses cut to kick off busy PGA Tour stretch
- Serena all ready for Fed cup
- American Gerard wins men's snowboard slopestyle at PyeongChang Olympics
- Hindu side send proposal to AIMPLB to resolve Ayodhya issue
- Gerry Adams: talk of Irish unity more prevalent since Brexit vote
- West Ham boss Moyes sets sights on top ten after Watford win
- 'Cut from every team possible,' ex-Ranger has chance at Olympic glory
- Korea's Mixed Doubles Curling Team Thrash the US
- Fiscal situation of country to improve in 2019: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley