"I don't think he has stepped up recently but maybe it is more obvious because his situations are not overshadowed by Phil Coutinho's situations".
But he is already being compared with the club's most celebrated goalscorers and, with 22 Premier League goals from 26 games, is second only to Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane in Europe's top five leagues this season.
The trio have scored 63 goals in all competitions between them this season and Gerrard feels they are better than the group that nearly led Liverpool to the Premier League title in 2013-14 in Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling. Klopp has been asked before why he didn't go after a striker similar to Robert Lewandowski or Harry Kane, who will guarantee you at least 30 goals a season. The same could be said about Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne and now both players are the leading candidates for PFA player of the season.
Firmino also got on the scoresheet after the break, while Mane completed a hat-trick to seal an emphatic victory for the Merseyside giants.
"I don't think anyone expected him to have such an impact, he has had a terrific impact in that front three", Reo-Coker told Premier League Daily. "Every day I look at myself and try to improve myself all the time", he said.
"Yes, we're scoring lots of goals but can we see Mane and Salah continuing to score this amount of goals on a regular basis? ". You could say that of course [it is the flawless away performance].
In fact, it's hard to imagine any Liverpool fans actually agreeing with Barnes' weird statement.
"The thing about Salah is that the way Liverpool play suits him".
Liverpool fans: do you agree with Barnes or is he talking complete rubbish?
- Odisha government to sponsor Indian hockey teams for five years
- CURLING CONTROVERSY: What would you have done?
- Bubba in position for third win at Riviera
- India, Iran to cooperate in Iranian port project
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: 'Win over Hull City good preparation for Barcelona'
- Disney sets opening date for Toy Story Land
- Apple employees can't stop banging their heads against the walls
- UKIP members vote to sack leader Henry Bolton
- Nathan Chen on landing 6 quads: 'I had nothing to lose'
- Arizona cheerleader ejected for yelling into megaphone during free throws