The Tacoma TRD Pro gets 1-inch wider tracks at both ends, paired to 16-inch wheels wrapped in P265/70R16 Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar All-Terrain tires. The Tacoma TRD Pro, for instance, has an updated front skid plate to prevent rocks, stumps or other obstacles from damaging the truck's underside. The new 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro will have a desert snorkel (which means it will be underwater in about five minutes after the first one ships) and Fox Internal Bypass shocks. They're tuned for the specific characteristics of each vehicle by TRD engineers and offer improved dampening for on- and off-road driving situations.
There's an extra inch of front lift on the TRD Pro 4Runner compared to other grades, plus almost 1 inch of additional wheel travel and a almost 1-inch wider track front and rear.
The new exclusive color option is Voodoo Blue and joins the Super White and Midnight Black paint options that carry over. Also available is what Toyota is calling the TRD Desert Air Intake, a.k.a. a snorkel, to help keep dust and dirt out of the 278-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 engine's air intake during off-road use.
Beyond the beefed-up suspension, TRD Pro buyers are treated with additional goodies for 2019. This truck has Rigid Industries fog lights, LED headlights, and LED accent lights.
The 4Runner TRD Pro has the least bypass zones out of all the custom suspension systems. The Tundra TRD Pro also gets some sweet BBS wheels created to save a little bit of unsprung weight at each corner; each model gets other visual upgrades to set them apart from their lesser siblings. All the models also have the Star Safety System with Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). The Toyota Safety Sense P package - standard on the Tundra and Tacoma - adds features like pre-collision warning with pedestrian detection, automatic high beam and a radar-based cruise control setup.
- 18 killed and dozens injured as bus topples over in Hong Kong
- Man Utd fans delighted at Jose Mourinho's contract decision for Luke Shaw
- Ex-US Swim Coach Accused of Sexual Abuse
- Major League Baseball free agent rumors: Cubs, Yu Darvish agree to six-year deal
- Raisman says Olympics coach might have known about Nassar abuse for years
- Pakistan, US cooperation vital for region, says Deputy Secretary of State
- Markets Right Now: Dow plunges 1000 as market swoons again
- Apple confirms iPhone source code leak
- Gerry Adams: talk of Irish unity more prevalent since Brexit vote
- Get a First Look at Lifetime's Prince Harry and Meghan Markle