Similar to Amazon's team up with Berkshire Hathaway and JP Morgan, the AC Wellness Network aims to serve Apple's roster of employees and their families providing "compassionate, effective healthcare to the Apple employee population". However, few details are available at this time. AC Wellness, which Apple's website calls a "subsidiary of Apple, Inc.", is seeking primary care physicians, exercise coaches, behavioral health partners, phlebotomists, nurse practitioners and care navigators, among others.
According to the website, AC Wellness is an independent medical practice based at Apple's health center in Cupertino, California. Two medicinal services focuses are meant to open in the spring in Santa Clara County, California, around Cupertino, close Apple Park and Infinite Loop central command. The exact location is between the Infinite Loop headquarters and the new Apple Park campus. More medical centers are expected to follow.
Cook told attendees that Apple wants to make a "significant contribution" in health care, beyond its fitness-related app offerings. A website for the venture is already up.
Apple is not the only company aiming to take a more direct role in employee healthcare.
Health problems result in 69 million workers reporting missed days each year, reducing economic output by $260 billion per year, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Apple Watch is still being tested to see how many different medical conditions can be detected and prevented early on and shows surprising levels of accuracy.
So at least two companies with a history of disruption and a wealth of resources are knocking on the door of traditional healthcare revenue and operations. Job listings for AC Wellness also appear on Indeed, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor. Give us your thoughts on the news and keep it locked for more from Apple coming soon.
- Huge Transfer Update On Robert Lewandowski
- 'The Bachelor' 2018 Spoilers - Season 22 Overnight Dates
- Dialogue only after public apology from Kejriwal to CS: Delhi Govt Employees
- Pointers to Face North Central in Opening Round of NCAA Tournament
- Apple to End iTunes Store Access for First-Generation Apple TV
- Manchester City fans arrive at Wembley in yellow ribbons to support Guardiola
- Shahbaz is PML-N chief
- Vegetarian and Mediterranean diets 'offer similar heart disease benefits'
- Four killed in building fire in central English city
- YouTube live streams will soon include automatic captions