Apple's 12-inch MacBook does not exactly boast sufficient horsepower or I/O versatility that will allow a significant percentage of users to appreciate the machine and the MacBook Pro does not exactly command the level of affordability of the $999-priced MacBook Air that's available on Apple's website right now. The same rise was observed when Apple released the affordable 9.7-inch iPad previous year, boosting iPad sales overall.
Even the entry-level 13-inch MacBook Air model's price starts from $899 in the USA, and roughly Rs 58,000 in India.
Apple's 13-inch MacBook Air is already becoming outdated with its most recent upgrade being a new 1.8GHz Intel processor. While Kuo doesn't reveal too many details about this purported new MacBook Air, the report does corroborate a similar report fromDigitimes that came out earlier this year. The 11-inch MacBook Air is nearly lost now since it was launch for $999 in 2016. So, if the reports are true about the new more affordable MacBook Air, you can expect one cheaper than that as well. The current models of Macbook Air are certainly outdated. Report further suggests that the company shipped approx 4.43 million MacBooks in the third quarter of 2017.
According to TrendForce, Apple has overtaken Asus in global laptop shipments, moving up from fifth to the fourth position.
Kuo says that KGI is "positive" on shipments of AirPods and predicts the refreshed model will come in the second half of the year, driving strong year over year growth.
Kuo also notes that we may also see an updated AirPod later this year. The analyst hopes that the company will release the smart speaker based on "shipping time".
- VENEZUELA: Country Postpones Election To The Second Half Of May
- Shots fired at university in MI
- 'Will Melania LEAVE me?' Trump in shock comment about marriage
- China says its 'moderate' defence spending rises are no threat
- At joke-filled dinner, Trump suggests USA will meet with N. Korea
- Alec Baldwin Returns to Mercilessly Taunt Trump in SNL's Cold Open
- Kimmel launches Oscars as 'a night of positivity'
- Respect people's mandate: Mukul Sangma to BJP
- How UCF's Shaquem Griffin became the biggest story of the National Football League combine
- Shubhankar Sharma takes two-shot lead at World Golf Championships