He racked up over 1,800 rushing yards and over 400 receiving yards during the 2014 season en route to a Pro Bowl berth.
Murray has spent the last two seasons with Tennessee after a brief stint with the Philadelphia Eagles and four years with the Dallas Cowboys. "He looked like he was running with cement in his shoes a year ago", Titans Wire manager editor Kyle Madson said in an interview with Raiders Wire Thursday.
If the Redskins don't think they will land one of the top five backs in the class, then the team could consider signing Murray and waiting until 2019 to invest in the running back position.
Murray posted a career-low 659 rushing yards and tied a career low with 3.6 yards per carry in 2017. "He was a pro in every facet and we wish him and his family the best moving forward". But this past season, Murray appeared to be usurped by Derrick Henry in the Titans backfield, and with coach Mike Mularkey out in Tennessee, experts are expecting Murray and the $6.5 million he's due to be on the chopping block.
Murray bounced back after a woeful 2016 campaign and gained 1,287 yards on 4.4 yards per carry in his initial season in Tennessee, before the wheels came off again this fall. Titans GM Jon Robinson thanked Murray for his time with the team. Excited for my future. Recently, I highlighted Murray as a possible player who the Redskins could be interested in if cut.
Last season, the Giants were led by impending free agent Orleans Darkwa's 751 yards, and Wayne Gallman's 476 and as a team finished ranked just No. 26 in the NFL. He also battled hamstring and shoulder injuries throughout the season. Murray played in 15 of 16 games previous year while battling injuries. Even as thin as the free agent tailback class is, Murray is an especially ancient option especially given his lackluster 2017 production.
- Area teens who attended cheerleading championship exposed to mumps
- Dawood Ibrahim's associate Farooq Takla gets CBI custody till March 19
- Former Trump campaign aide wavers on defying Mueller inquiry
- The curious case of Hadiya
- Snow showers expected today and Thursday
- Blue wave meets red wall: Republicans out vote Democrats in Texas primary
- 'Ireland first' - EU's Tusk fires Brexit warning shot
- Karnataka government approves state flag, to seek approval from Centre
- Neiphiu Rio sworn in as Nagaland CM, takes oath outside Raj Bhavan
- Ichiro Suzuki likely to return to Seattle Mariners