This is far from the first time that Google Maps has participated in gaming-inspired map themes, most of which have been Nintendo-related.
Happy Mar10 Day folks (March 10 = Mario hehe), it's time to celebrate our fave lil' guy by turning the navigation arrow in Google maps into none other than Mario himself. All you need is the Google Maps app on your Android or iOS device (sorry Windows users, once again, no soup for you).
Do us a favour: Go to your Google Maps and give a little tap to the yellow question mark. After this, you should see the Mario on his Kart vehicle instead of auto while navigating the Google Maps.
As always, respect the rules of the road.
That's for the best anyway, because this way we'll get to enjoy a stress-free Mario Day.
It's a coloured-out '?' box from the Mario games.
Essentially, you can now have Mario Kart on the navigation interface while using the application. A new flooring option is also available that hearkens back to the original Super Mario Bros. Nintendo's beloved red-capped plumber has started cropping up in Google Maps. The new update lets the famous plumber drive around the city along with you through his own cart. Google also encourages you to take a screenshot of your trip and share it with them on Twitter and Instagram. Although the app is free to download, users have to pay $9.99 to unlock the full game with all of its additional levels and characters.
Google: "Just keep in mind to practice safe driving on the road-we don't encourage throwing bananas or red shells at other drivers in real life!"
- Nature calls for Sergio Ramos during Real Madrid game
- Ugly win for Man United, uglier loss for West Ham in EPL
- Travel alert to Playa del Carmen scaled back
- Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein to retire by year end
- INX media case: Karti's CA's judicial custody extended
- 850 sq km now under control in Afrin: Erdogan
- State's unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.8 percent in January
- Packers trade CB Randall to Browns
- Gabe Newell says Valve is going to start shipping games again
- Ireland earn vital bonus point in 28-8 defeat of Scots