So with the debut of the 2019 Jaguar I-Pace at the Geneva Motor Show, we had to wonder how it stacks up against the offerings from Elon Musk's all-electric auto company. As such, it can not help but gain comparison with one of the leading manufacturers of EVs in America, Tesla.
The exterior design is inspired by the Jaguar F-TYPE sports vehicle and characterised by the distinctive Jaguar grille, muscular proportions, short overhangs and powerful haunches that give the new Jaguar E-PACE a bold and purposeful stance, instantly communicating dynamic agility.
The United Kingdom price of the I-Pace is actually £63,495, which translates to around $88,301.
The British automaker announced that the vehicle will start at $69,500 in the U.S.
The all-electric SUV will start at $70,495 (including $995 freight, before government incentives), representing a $9,000 savings when compared against the entry-level Model X 75D. The I-Pace is rated at a 240-mile range when fully charged, Jaguar says.
As for acceleration, the Jaguar outruns the Tesla model, as well. That's enough power to give electric SUV a 0-60 miles per hour time of 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 124 miles per hour. The Model X 75D takes 4.9 seconds to achieve the same speed. Tesla also has a growing network of fast-chargers called Superchargers that are located on USA highways in an effort to promote long-distance travel. EPA range figures for the I-Pace are pending. They will either have to charge their cars at home or rely on independent charging stations. Using a 100 kW fast charger, you can also recharge the battery up to 80 percent in only 40 minutes.
Another significant advantage of the Tesla is the seating. Jaguar races the Model X 100D, not the more powerful P100D.
It should be noted that the I-Pace was not intentionally built to be a Model X competitor.
Introduce a new electric vehicle and it's nearly impossible to avoid comparisons with Tesla.
- Nokia 9 may arrive in September with in-display fingerprint scanner
- BlackBerry takes Facebook to court with patent suit
- 'Lost In Space' Trailer: Danger, Will Robinson
- 'Icarus,' film about Russian athlete doping, wins Oscar
- Conor McGregor Mocks 50 Cent & Floyd Mayweather In Forbes Richest Post
- Emma Watson jokes about needing proofreader for Time's Up tattoo
- Porsche is on a Mission with all-electric E Cross Turismo
- Russian Military Transport Plane Crashes in Syria, Killing 32
- Huawei P20, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20 Lite prices leaked
- Adam Rippon Responds To Haters Who Didn't Like His Oscars 2018 Look