The Robinson family, part of a highly trained mission to establish a new colony in space, is unexpectedly pulled off course forcing them to crash land on a lost planet. There are also plenty of revivals and reboots happening, with Netflix crafting shows like Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life and Fuller House for new audiences.
And though it is still billed as a family program, this Netflix trailer for "Lost In Space" does look pretty damn scary for kids. A TV series gives the characters room to organically evolve and the IP's background storyline room to breath (exploring new worlds, possible universes, etc.). Estrin says the heart of the original 1963 Lost in Space series is still present in the reboot but has been updated for modern audiences. In 1998, Stephen Hopkins helmed the truly bad big-screen Lost In Space, which featured Matt LeBlanc, William Hurt, Gary Oldman and a CGI space monkey.
Before Star Wars, before Star Trek, before Marvel Comics got really rolling there was Lost in Space, and it was awesome.
The last time that Netflix teased a video from the Robinson family was when the video-streaming service announced the premiere date, which is now set for April 13, 2018. However, the Robinson family find themselves abruptly torn off course en route to their new home and stranded on a risky, unknown planet.
The story, set 30 years in the future, follows hundreds of families, including the Robinsons, exploring space to find planets to colonize.
Stranded along with the Robinsons are two outsiders who find themselves thrown together by circumstance and a mutual knack for deception. The unsettlingly charismatic Dr. Smith (Posey) is a master manipulator with an inscrutable end game. The cast also includes the aforementioned Posey plus Ignacio Serricchio as Don West.
- Emma Watson jokes about needing proofreader for Time's Up tattoo
- Tillerson Pledges $533 Million in US Humanitarian Aid to Africa
- More kids are ending up in ICUs because of opioids
- Nokia 9 may arrive in September with in-display fingerprint scanner
- Larry Nance Jr. throws down incredible alley oop in big first half
- SpaceX Just Launched Its 50th Falcon 9 Rocket Into Space
- Bill Cosby is back in court -- and might face 19 more accusers
- Washington Governor Signs Net Neutrality Bill Into Law
- Serena Williams' New Ad Has Us Feeling Totally Empowered
- Becca Kufrin Breaks Silence After 'The Bachelor' Finale