The NCAA women's basketball tournament selection committee on Sunday released the final eight teams under consideration for the last four spots in the women's NCAA tournament bracket. Two consecutive losses against unranked conference opponents on the road set up a huge showdown with then No. 5 Kansas at home as Oklahoma outlasted the Jayhawks 85-80 for their fourth win against a top-10 team.
MSU has wins over both Syracuse and Oklahoma State this season.
This will be the Sooners' 19th straight year in the tournament.
Not only should Oklahoma not have been given a seed as high as No. 10, the Sooners shouldn't be in the tournament at all - especially at the expense of other schools who have much more impressive regular season resumes. Oklahoma fell behind by eleven points at the break with the Cowboys 39.1%-37.9% shooting edge with six more looks at the basket being decisive.
If the Orange wins its game, it would face the victor of No. 1 Mississippi State and No. 16 Nicholls in a second-round game Monday in Starkville. They had their chances to take care of business and get in. "To tell you the truth, it frustrates the hell out of me".
And yet, they'll be dancing in March instead of incredibly more deserving teams. However, the Cowboys won the head-to-head battle 2-1, another important factor, and their win in the conference tournament could reasonably have been viewed as the trump card.
- Southampton sack Mauricio Pellegrino after Newcastle United defeat
- Syrian Observatory says war has killed more than half a million
- 'We had your backs': Trudeau on country's steel and aluminum workers
- Carragher should not lose Sky job
- AB builds first-innings lead for Proteas
- Beyonce and Jay-Z to stop in Orlando on joint tour
- Honor rolls out Face Unlock feature for Honor 7X
- Philips Hue Outdoor Lights Will Be Released In July
- Guardiola talks down prospect of title party against United
- "Disease X" May cause a Worldwide Epidemic