The reaction in Seattle, replete with the torching of his No. 25 Seahawks jerseys, was enough to get Richard Sherman to open up about his motives for signing a three-year contract with the team's hated rival days. Shead is expected to visit Detroit later this week but he could also re-sign with the Seahawks at any time now that he has been released.
The Seahawks made Sherman a fifth-round draft pick out of Stanford in 2011.
With Chancellor's future remaining cloudy due to a neck/nerve injury, re-signing McDougald was viewed as a priority for the Seahawks and he becomes the first of the 16 players on the team who could become unrestricted free agents this week to re-sign.
Richard Sherman doesn't think it will take him too long to get comfortable with the 49ers. Sherman called Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie, who said he wasn't going to have the cap money to compete for him.
"We had something no other team could offer", Lynch said.
Peters, with an NFL-leading 19 interceptions since 2015, is nearly five years younger than Sherman, who turns 30 at the end of this month. The second is the clincher; he later says he warned the 49ers sideline, "If you throw it my way, it will end the game".
On Monday morning, Sherman spoke with Bay Area reporters via conference call and elaborated on the many layers involved in the splashiest move of the early offseason. For Sherman, who's coming off a torn achilles and turns 30 this month, to rake in the full $39.15 million, he'll have to play all 48 regular-season games over the next three years, play at least 90 percent of the snaps, make it to the Pro Bowl every year and qualify for the All-Pro team every year. Afterward, Sherman and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson sit at a table provided them on the 49ers logo at midfield and chow on some turkey for the postgame television show. Sherman and his fiancee, Ashley Moss, subsequently flew to San Francisco for a five-hour dinner with Shanahan and his wife, Mandy.
What you might normally see for a player like Sherman is a "prove-it contract" - one season at somewhat of a bargain price.
As a four-time All-Pro, Sherman's stats command respect, and he tweeted them out Friday.
Since Sherman's rookie year of 2011, he leads the National Football League with 32 interceptions and 99 passes broken up.
Sherman's infamous rant after the Seahawks beat the 49ers in the 2014 NFC Championship marks a memorable chapter in the rivalry. If Sherman returns to form, the 49ers will have locked up a top cornerback for a well-under-the-market rate.
- Southampton sack Mauricio Pellegrino after Newcastle United defeat
- Plane Crashes While Landing At Kathmandu Airport In Nepal
- Salesforce invests as Dropbox IPO values storage vendor at $7B
- Rhode Island vs. Oklahoma - 3/15/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- "Disease X" May cause a Worldwide Epidemic
- Honor rolls out Face Unlock feature for Honor 7X
- Meghan Markle And Kate Middleton Wear Statement Coats At Commonwealth Day Service
- SERIAL BOMBER? Third Explosion in TWO WEEKS Rocks Austin, Leaves Teenager Dead
- 'We had your backs': Trudeau on country's steel and aluminum workers
- Beyonce and Jay-Z to stop in Orlando on joint tour