Sri Lanka were four overs short of their target within the allocated time, leading to the players being fined 60 percent of their match fees while Chandimal received two suspension points, in accordance with ICC regulations. The Sri Lankan batsmen, both Danushka Gunathilaka and Kusal Mendis were off to a flying start adding 56 runs on the scoreboard for the first wicket. Mustafizur Rahman (3/48) and Mahmudullah (2/15) were the most successful bowlers for Bangladesh. The off-spinner struck again in the same over, dismissing Dashun Shanaka (0).
Captain Dinesh Chandimal has been suspended from Sri Lanka's upcoming two T20Is after being found guilty of a serious over-rate offence in Saturday's defeat to Bangladesh.
Mushfiqur Rahim starred with the bat, providing a stunning finish as Bangladesh chased down 215 to register a comprehensive 5-wicket win over. Thisara Perera has been named as stand-in captain.
Soumya Sarker helped Mushfiqur ease the pressure with a steady 24 off 22. After Sarkar's dismissal with his team at 151/3, former captain Mushfiqur found good support from Mahmudullah (20 off 11). Meanwhile, Perera continued his onslaught on the Bangladesh bowlers, and was mostly dealing in boundaries.
Chandimal was gutted to have lost, and said: "It was a really good game of cricket and credit to the batsmen". The pacers bowled alright and Rubel Hossain stood out with two wickets. I am sure they will come back in the next game.
Mahmudullah was over the moon to have won, and said: "I think it was a game of quite a bit of nerves".
"I think we are just one win away from getting a boost".
Liton cashed in on the left-right combination he and Tamim formed; the former striking the first of his five sixes by coming down the track to Dhananjaya and smashing over the mid-wicket region before going on to hit a 19-ball 43.
- PM to receive French President Emmanuel Macron in Varanasi tomorrow
- AJ Styles To Make WWE Raw Switch?
- Donald Trump denies porn star affair allegation: White House
- Tennessee Vols fall to Kentucky in SEC Championship, 77-72
- New York Giants Ask Cornerback To Take Significant Pay-cut
- Cricket SA apologises to Warner and Australia over Sonny Bill masks
- Tiger Woods Within A Stroke Of Lead At Valspar Championship
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY)
- Winter storm warning issued for expected Monday snow
- 'A Wrinkle in Time' Movie Review