Rajya Sabha member from Samajwadi Party Naresh Agrawal on Monday joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), confirmed the sources. "He is welcome, but his comments regarding Jaya Bachhan are improper and unacceptable". This text was sent after another SP leader, Naresh Agarwal, joined BJP in Delhi. He joined the BJP in the presence of Union Minister Piyush Goyal at the party headquarters. At this party spokesman Sambit Patra, who was on the dais said, "Before Mr Agrawal is handed over the joining certificate, we want to say that no profession is bad". Because of her, the ticket was not given to me, which I did not find right. SP has already nominated Jaya Bachchan as its only candidate for the Upper House, while deciding to come together with Congress to back BSP nominee Ambedkar.
Mr Agarwal's remarks against Ms Bachchan drew widespread criticism, including on the social media, and senior BJP leader and external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj said they were "improper and unacceptable".
"I have been reduced to somebody working in films". She has welcomed his entry into the BJP but lashed out him for his comments on Jaya Bachchan.
Referring to Samajwadi Party leaders Mulayam Singh Yadav and Ram Gopal Yadav, Agrawal said he will continue to respect them for the regard they had given him. He has often targeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said that a tea seller is not fit to lead the country. BJP state president said that the party can't allow the spare votes to go waste.
BJP on Monday made a decision to tackle the united opposition head-on by fielding three more candidates for Rajya Sabha polls, triggering a direct electoral contest with the SP and Congress-backed BSP nominee for one Upper House seat.
He had earlier been with the Akhil Bhartiya Loktantrik Congress with Jagdambika Pal, Rajeev Shukla and Shyam Sunder Sharma that allied with the BJP government headed by Kalyan Singh in Uttar Pradesh in 1997. The remaining 9 additional votes will be given to the BSP candidate under the party coalition. His whole team today joined the party.
- Doug Ford meets with rival Christine Elliott after Ont Tory leadership race
- In Serena Williams's Comeback, a Familiar Opponent: Venus
- Voters must support GOP in Pittsburgh-area House race
- Winter storm warning issued for expected Monday snow
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY)
- AJ Styles To Make WWE Raw Switch?
- Myanmar builds security structures on Rohingya land
- Kathy Griffin says she is embarking on comeback tour after Trump photo
- Android beats iOS in smartphone loyalty, study finds
- Kylie Jenner Wears Travis Scott's Initials on Her Ring Finger