Her kind gesture went viral on social media, and on Thursday, it was returned with a big surprise for one Galveston teen caught in the act cutting up food for her customer at a Waffle House in La Marque.
"I heard this elderly man tell (Evoni) his hands don't work too good", Wolf posted. If that wasn't enough, Williams is just 18 and is working at the Waffle House to save up for college. "If we could all be like this waitress & take time to offer a helping hand", the post also read.
Evoni told reporters it was something she "would do any other day". With the caption, "This may seem small but to him, I'm sure it was huge", she posted the photo which quickly went viral.
Laura Wolf snapped this photo in the middle of that moment.
She ended with, "I'm thankful to have seen this act of kindness and caring at the start of my day while everything in this world seems so negative".
She was also honored by the town mayor who presented a proclamation to honor Williams.
Last Saturday, Laura Wolf stopped off at a Waffle House in her neck of the woods in Texas for a meal, and what she witnessed there-and what she did afterward-ended up changing the life of a teen Waffle House employee. "If I want to cut my meat, I look like I'm stabbing it", Adrien Charpentier said.
The post even attracted the attention of La Marque city officials and scouts from Texas Southern University-who made a decision to offer Williams a helping hand.
Williams was asked to assist Charpentier and while she was busy, didn't hesitate to help.
- Bag of 54 severed human hands found in Russian Federation
- Supreme Court allows passive euthanasia in its landmark decision
- NY Assembly passes anti-gun violence legislation
- Toys R Us may liquidate its bankrupt U.S. operations, report says
- Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein to retire by year end
- State's unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.8 percent in January
- McLaren BP23 will have a higher top speed than the F1
- North Must Start Disarming Before Trump Will Meet Kim: White House
- Celebrating International Women's Day 2018 around the world
- Jeremy Corbyn: Labour must reject full European Union single market membership