Above 3500 feet, total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze are expected, with localized amounts up to 6 inches. Winter Storm Watches are now posted for all of Western Massachusetts from Monday evening through Tuesday evening.
"The heaviest amounts will be toward coastal Rockingham County, where they will likely see 9-12 inches, with more like 7-8 in the Manchester area", Hawley says. The heaviest snow should wind down early Tuesday evening, but the Tuesday evening commute may be significantly impacted.
A chance of snow is possible before 2 p.m., according to NWS, though no "significant winter storm" is expected.
The chance of precipitation for Monday is 60 percent with new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
A more widespread 6-10-inch snowfall remains what would be considered a reasonable "high end" scenario with this storm. As this low tracks through, precipitation will begin as scattered rain showers.
A storm system causing severe weather Sunday along the Gulf Coast is forecast to move off the East Coast, turn into a nor'easter and threaten the Northeastern United States on Monday night into Tuesday. The "low end" scenario would involve warmer surface temperatures and/or weaker moisture leading to minor, slushy accumulations and even "white rain" (snow that melts on contact) or just plain cold rain in many lower elevations.
- Cricket SA apologises to Warner and Australia over Sonny Bill masks
- Kumar Ketkar, Abhishek Singhvi among 10 Congress candidates for Rajya Sabha polls
- Nick Gordon Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges Again
- PM to receive French President Emmanuel Macron in Varanasi tomorrow
- Trump Looking To Add Clinton Impeachment Lawyer To Russia Probe Legal Team
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates With Star-Studded Baby Shower
- 'A Wrinkle in Time' Movie Review
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Bachelor 'Robert Mueller' Can't Commit To Trump Collusion In Heartbreaking 'SNL'
- Guardiola plays down talk of new City contract