Authorities in central Minnesota say an 8-year-old boy brought a kitchen knife to school Monday and randomly cut three other students.
In an email to parents, school officials said that the parents of the three injured students chose to take their children home or to get additional medical attention on their own.
The Sauk Rapids Police Department says the attacked happened shortly after 7 a.m.at Pleasantview Elementary School.
Gymnasium is the Danish term referring to a three-year upper secondary school education programme which qualifies students for admission to university.
It appears that the student's major artery was cut in the incident as a long trail of blood can be seen in the hallways.
One of the victims told the authorities that their classmate simply puts down the backpack he was carrying, leaned over, unzipped one of the compartments from where he pulled a kitchen knife. The Times reports the school still had classes after the stabbing.
Beise says the boy was interviewed by police and released to his parents. Beise says that when officers arrived, the boy was in a counselor's office while the three children, who were not seriously hurt, were being treated by the school nurse. The case will be forwarded to the county prosecutor's office. Currently, we are working with school support staff to identify and provide support to staff and students that may have been impacted by this incident.
Police responded in large numbers to an alert at an upper secondary school (gymnasium) on Monday after a former student reportedly threatened to carry out a shooting.
"Hopefully, he will receive some treatment", Beise said.
- Gov. Bevin tries to clarify comments about teacher protests
- Ex-Bush spokesman to Trump: I would not have declared 'mission accomplished'
- USA pastor on trial for alleged terror ties
- Protests in Yerevan: announced the beginning of the revolution
- Sixers' Joel Embiid to remain sidelined for Game 2
- Fan Are Convinced The Walking Dead's Season Finale Introduced the Whisperers
- Cumbria's Helen Housby secures Commonwealth netball win
- Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur charged with murdering Sri Lankan man
- United States weighing additional sanctions on Russian Federation
- RFD passengers react to faulty flight allegations with Allegiant Airlines