Quite honestly many horror movies are created to make people scream even if the intent to avoid the killer or the monsters is to remain quiet in the hopes that they'll leave and go seek mayhem elsewhere. John Krasinski introduced the fear and power of silence and got his much-needed blockbuster. Battling to survive every day, the pair struggle to keep their family unit together in the face of hard odds. "The Office" actor later tweeted: "Thank you, Son, Your mother and I are so proud".
The weekend's highest per-theatre average went to Lynne Ramsay's You Were Never Really Here, which brought in $129,911 on three screens for a PTA of $43,304. "You just gotta go see it". King is not alone with praising the new horror movie. But it fell on, at least some, deaf ears.
The performances across the board are exceptional, hanging wholly on the family themselves and their dynamic.
A sequel could also follow the family established by Krasinski and Blunt's characters, or introduce an entirely new set of characters living nearby or far away. It will scare the crap out of all. "You can't predict what's going to happen, what's going to catch fire and what's not, so if I make the choice for me, and not because I'm contracted, I think that's an exciting prospect". As the man attempts to get rid of the intruders, things start to get violent and you eventually realize that he might have ulterior motives for getting them out of his house.
It's these elements that are the real horror, the hard decisions and lessons being learned all too real on a human level.
With A Quiet Place now being a massive success, the producers are even less interested in connecting their film or any potential sequels to the Cloverfield franchise. As we mentioned above, the buzz surrounding A Quiet Place at the moment is palpable, with many people hailing it as one of the genre's finest efforts in some time - a sentiment we agree with wholeheartedly.
Whether Krasinski or the rest of the cast would return is another matter entirely.
- Barcelona stunned by Roma comeback
- Woman charged with murdering wife, bail set at $3 million
- Apple Is Now 100% Globally Powered by Renewable Energy
- Crude oil pushes toward strong back-to-back gains
- Yadier Molina explains why he went after Torey Lovullo
- USA announces sale of advanced weapon systems to Qatar
- The Morning Brew: Oklahoma teachers continue walkout with large crowds
- Kyle Busch win at Texas; Truex Jr. crashes, finishes last
- Hockey sticks left out, flags lowered to honour Humboldt Broncos
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is the latest to #DeleteFacebook