All four people in Ferrell's auto at the time were transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The collision occurred on Interstate 5 around at 11 p.m. according to E!
Photos from the scene published by TMZ show a conscious Ferrell being loaded onto an ambulance by paramedics and speaking on his mobile phone.
The SUV spun and flipped over.
Will Ferrell has been rushed to hospital after being involved in a horror auto crash.
Actor/comedian Will Ferrell was released from the hospital early Friday morning after he was involved in a rollover vehicle accident the night before, TMZ first reported and multiple outlets confirmed. Ferrell was riding in the chauffeur-driven SUV when it was sideswiped, witnesses told TMZ. The driver of the Toyota was not hurt.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
The actor appeared there as his "Anchorman" character Ron Burgundy. "Very scary but very thankful everyone is ok", he wrote.
The statement from Ferrell's representatives added that the actor is "grateful for all the well wishes he and his friends are receiving".
HollywoodLife.com has reached out for comment. The CHP report also indicates that the woman, Barlow, was not wearing any safety equipment and sustained "major" injuries.
- China March new loans rise to 1.12 trln yuan but miss forecasts
- Tornado watch issued Friday for North Texas
- How Jose is keeping his United squad focused
- Ex-FBI deputy director faulted by Justice Dept. on media disclosure
- Friday of protest in Gaza
- Kathua rape case: Attorneys approach Supreme Court, demand action against Jammu lawyers
- (Audio) One More Blast Of Winter Weather
- In a World Designed for Morning People, Night Owls May Die Earlier
- Dallas Cowboys to release WR Dez Bryant
- U.S. still assessing intelligence on Syria chemical attack: Mattis