All four people in Ferrell's auto at the time were transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The collision occurred on Interstate 5 around at 11 p.m. according to E!
Photos from the scene published by TMZ show a conscious Ferrell being loaded onto an ambulance by paramedics and speaking on his mobile phone.
The SUV spun and flipped over.
Will Ferrell has been rushed to hospital after being involved in a horror auto crash.
Actor/comedian Will Ferrell was released from the hospital early Friday morning after he was involved in a rollover vehicle accident the night before, TMZ first reported and multiple outlets confirmed. Ferrell was riding in the chauffeur-driven SUV when it was sideswiped, witnesses told TMZ. The driver of the Toyota was not hurt.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
The actor appeared there as his "Anchorman" character Ron Burgundy. "Very scary but very thankful everyone is ok", he wrote.
The statement from Ferrell's representatives added that the actor is "grateful for all the well wishes he and his friends are receiving".
HollywoodLife.com has reached out for comment. The CHP report also indicates that the woman, Barlow, was not wearing any safety equipment and sustained "major" injuries.
- Who would be Mueller's boss if Rosenstein goes?
- Kathua rape case: Attorneys approach Supreme Court, demand action against Jammu lawyers
- How Jose is keeping his United squad focused
- WATCH Palestinian Rapper Records Music Video on Israel-Gaza Border Amid Clashes
- Friday of protest in Gaza
- E. coli outbreak now in 11 states
- Suspect accused of killing MA cop reportedly had 114 prior offenses
- (Audio) One More Blast Of Winter Weather
- Tornado watch issued Friday for North Texas
- How to watch Harry and Meghan get married