Aliyev's foreign policy aide, Novruz Mamedov, said on Facebook: "Circulation of a report that has been prepared in advance.is a disrespect to voters, people, their will and choice".
President Aliyev said: "The people of Azerbaijan have again placed great confidence in me in the presidential election".
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has held a telephone conversation with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev to discuss the deepening of bilateral relations and the development of the trilateral format of cooperation between Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Turkey. The voter turnout reached almost 75%.
Aliyev won his fourth therm in an election boycotted by major opposition parties, who accused him of authoritarianism and suppressing political dissent.
"Against this background and in the absence of pluralism, including in the media, this election lacked genuine competition".
But the OSCE said Thursday that its observers at the polls reported "widespread disregard for mandatory procedures, lack of transparency, and numerous serious irregularities".
"A free, open and transparent environment has been created in Azerbaijan for the presidential elections", foreign ministry spokesman, Hikmet Hajiyev, told AFP.
Aliyev brought forward the date of the vote to April 11 from October 17, a move his allies said was necessary to avoid presidential and parliamentary elections clashing in 2025.
After constitutional changes in 2016, the presidential term is now seven years (formerly five) and the president has the power to call for snap elections provided they be held not less than 60 days from the day of the order.
Aliyev, 56, has led Azerbaijan since 2003. He appointed his wife Mehriban first vice president, the second most powerful post after the president, in 2017.
- Man Robs Bank To Impress Taylor Swift & Throw Cash Over Her Fence
- President Trump Signs Order To Strengthen Welfare Work Requirements
- Trump to Russia: "Get ready" for U.S. missile strikes on Syria
- Herd Women's Golf Wraps Up Regular Season
- Cristiano Ronaldo can not understand Juventus complaints over last-gasp penalty
- Zuckerberg faces tougher questions at House hearing
- Teenage robbery suspect arrested hours after escaping from police lockup
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Tottenham to be without England worldwide for visit of Manchester City
- Donald Trump weighs USA rejoining Trans-Pacific Partnership