She is the 16th confirmed victim of the crash. "Everyone says, 'You're helping them, ' or 'We want to go out and help them, ' but in reality, I think it's really self-help where we're healing together".
In the wake of the accident, that blur was lifted significantly for one year in particular - 1995-96 - which I spent playing senior hockey in Saskatchewan; in a small town named Unity, a farming community close to the Alberta border. "We thought it'd be cool to have a little street, community hockey game".
Services for some of the other victims will be held over the weekend and into next week.
"I am determined to make sure something good can come from this so when we look back in 10 years we can know from this moment that all teams and leagues across Canada started donating blood as part of their annual program", Middleton said. The association was on board with the idea.
With just a few years off from competitive hockey, that's nearly 30 years of winter bus rides - some of the best moments of my hockey days but, mostly, blurred memories due to the repetition.
"It shows that we are strong not only as a community but as a country", she says.
That's when members of the B-Devils made a decision to come together.
"There's people, just sitting in the stands, stunned".
"If there's anything positive to come out of this it's maybe we'll love our kids a little more, love our families a little more and love and respect our neighbours a little more".
Two other funerals are scheduled for Friday.
Blaine Calkins, Red Deer-Lacombe MP, speaks while hundreds listen at a memorial service for the lives lost in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash last week at the Blackfalds Multiplex in Blackfalds Friday.
They then discussed fundraising efforts for the Humboldt Broncos community, including the GoFundMe page that had reached almost $9 million in donations as of Wednesday evening.
Cherry had spoken briefly about the Broncos tragedy on Saturday night, the day after the team's bus collided with a semi-truck on the way to Nipawin for a Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League playoff game.
- Marseille vs. Salzburg, Arsenal vs. Atletico in Europa semi-finals
- Commonwealth Games: 13 missing African athletes could be avoiding returning home
- Hearing related to Federal Bureau of Investigation raid at Trump lawyer's office is set
- Tiger Roll wins Grand National in thrilling finish
- Inslee, Ferguson cautiously optimistic after Trump's 'promise' to protect states' marijuana rights
- Swedbank Increased Its Jpmorgan Chase & (JPM) Stake
- Top Homeland Security aide quits on Bolton's second day
- UK, US and France launch strikes on Syria
- Kids were sexually assaulted because teachers were protesting: Kentucky gov.
- James Comey admits polls were 'a factor' in email announcement