Three people, including a teacher, were arrested from Himachal Pradesh on Saturday in connection with CBSE's Class 12 Economics paper leak.
The three comprising centre superintendent Rakesh, clerk Amit and peon Ashok of DAV School in Himachal Pradesh's Una district were arrested by the Crime Branch, a senior Delhi Police officer said.
The three accused were brought to the national capital from Una and after questioning they were arrested, the officer said.
Apart from Class 12 Economics, the Maths paper for Class 10th too was allegedly leaked. The CBSE has reportedly said that it will not be conducting the re-exams.
On 26 March 2018, an envelope containing copies of four images of handwritten question paper of Economics paper was delivered at CBSE headquarter. Examination for the board's Class 12 Political Science paper was held today.
At about 3.00PM, Amit made a small incision in the bundle and took out one economics paper, photographed it and Whatsapped it to Rakesh. However, a majority of the members of such groups did not take the handwritten question paper seriously but hundreds found it beneficial. The political science paper purported to have been leaked is fake.
"The SIT has interrogated over 70 people, including "WhatsApp" admins, school teachers, ground staff, students and others in connection with the leak". The superintendent was also involved in the conspiracy, officials added. The police were able to revive the deleted conversation with help from the WhatsApp headquarters in California.
DAV Centenary Public School Principal Atul Mahajan told IANS the police team came and questioned him about the paper leak, but since he was not directly associated with the exams and had authorized Rakesh Kumar to conduct them, hence the latter was arrested. The three accused arrested were identified as Rishabh and Rohit, teachers at a private school, and Tauqeer, a tutor at a coaching centre in Bawana.
- Masters Bus Crash Injures at Least a Dozen on Interstate 20
- Indian Air Force begins process to procure 110 fighter jets
- NYAG to probe NYPD shooting of man with metal pipe in Brooklyn
- Softball falls in title game, baseball advances to championship
- Jodhpur Sessions Court grants bail to Salman Khan in blackbuck poaching case
- Steve Spurrier to coach new Orlando professional football team
- Reserve Bank of India Bans Regulated Financial Firms from Dealing in Cryptocurrency
- PM Abbasi reaches Kabul on one day visit
- Apple reportedly plans iPhones with curved screens and non-touch gesture controls
- Stoke City 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur