The White House also said Trump's decision was based on the recommendations of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who at Trump's request had written a memo about Comey that was critical of the Federal Bureau of Investigation director.
Trump has called Comey a "leaker", accused him of running "the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation" and used him as a means to challenge the FBI and the Justice Department. Her server, which she used exclusively while secretary of state, contained classified information and was vulnerable to hacking. The website's launch comes days before Comey is set to create a media sensation with a series of on-camera interviews across networks.
The "Lyin' Comey" website quotes dozens of Democrats, including Nancy Pelosi, the House minority leader, to remind the public that Mr Comey has been criticised by both sides of the political spectrum.
Stephanopoulos also brought up Comey's critics who wanted him to put Hillary Clinton before a grand jury, as well as asking him whether Trump "was obstructing justice" and if the president should be impeached.
'No matter what his grandstanding book says, Comey has already confirmed multiple times under oath that neither President Trump nor his staff asked him to stop the Russian Federation investigation, ' the website says, citing answers in his June 2017 Senate testimony.
A second message for Republicans and their allies to multiply in interviews reads: 'Attempts to smear the Trump administration are nothing more than retaliation by a disgraced former official'.
"Are there things that you know but haven't said that could damage President Trump?"
The interview is set to air on Sunday at 10 p.m.as a special episode of ABC's "20/20".
- Webster Groves School Board gives go-ahead to early college program
- Spotify And Hulu Shake Hand For $13 Subscription Plan
- Trinity softball splits doubleheader against Our Lady of the Lake University
- GAME OVER: Kaepernick SNUBBED by Team After Refusing to STAND
- Decisiva la rete di Ljajic
- Man Robs Bank To Impress Taylor Swift & Throw Cash Over Her Fence
- Uber app to offer public transport tickets
- Cristiano Ronaldo can not understand Juventus complaints over last-gasp penalty
- Soon, you can download your Instagram data
- Donald Trump weighs USA rejoining Trans-Pacific Partnership