The spot-kick was awarded by referee Oliver after Mehdi Benatia was judged to have felled Lucas Vazquez in the box.
'What happened to Barcelona wasn't going to happen to us because we're Real Madrid'. Max Allegri's side made the ideal start, as veteran striker Mario Mandzukic found space at the far post to head home a cross from Sami Khedira after just two minutes.
Last year, Madrid eased past Napoli 6-2 in the round of 16, but it needed extra time to get past Bayern Munich in the quarterfinals. "The referee must try to be less of a protagonist and give only clear-cut decisions". Of course, Gianluigi Buffon getting sent off with a red card rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way.
Ronaldo admitted that his heart had been racing as he waited for Juve's protests to end, and for substitute goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny to get his gloves on and take his place between the posts. Penalty confidently implemented scorer "Galacticos" Cristiano Ronaldo.
The penalty came as Vazquez was in position to score in front of the goal after Ronaldo headed down a cross into the area.
"The most important thing is to keep believing", said the French coach, who would become the first Real boss to lift three European Cups if his side go on to win the competition for a 13th time. However, they were made to work hard for their progress to the last four this time around by Sevilla.
When is the Champions League draw?
Legendary goalkeeper Buffon ended the night, and possibly his European career, in controversial fashion.
"Juventus climbed towards their impossible dream and for half an hour walked over a confused, dazed and cowardly Madrid", said their report.
Real Madrid were awarded a late penalty that decided the fate of the Real-Juve tie after the teams were locked 3-3 on aggregate with seconds left till stoppage time.
Buffon had announced in October that this would be his last Champions League campaign unless his side won the final, after which he had meant to play in the Club World Cup.
But Oliver blew, Buffon exploded and Ronaldo hit the net. This was a record-strecthing 11th consecutive Champions League game in which he has scored.
- Azerbaijan maintains constructive, friendly relations with SCO members: Ilham Aliyev
- PM Modi, BJP leaders observe fast today
- GAME OVER: Kaepernick SNUBBED by Team After Refusing to STAND
- Donald Trump weighs USA rejoining Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Trump to Russia: "Get ready" for U.S. missile strikes on Syria
- Herd Women's Golf Wraps Up Regular Season
- President Trump Signs Order To Strengthen Welfare Work Requirements
- Tottenham to be without England worldwide for visit of Manchester City
- Teenage robbery suspect arrested hours after escaping from police lockup
- New York Knicks Fire Head Coach Jeff Hornacek