His latest intervention comes as Theresa May convened her war cabinet to discuss joining US-led action against Syria following a poison gas attack that killed at least 70 people.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan raised the alarm during a speech in Ankara after an unprecedented upsurge of tensions between Washington and Moscow.
The U.S. support to the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), which is dominated by the PKK terrorist group's Syrian affiliate, the Democratic Union Party (PYD), and its armed wing, the People's Protection Units (YPG), made Turkish governments focus on elimination of the group from northern Syria.While Russia provided heavy military support to Assad, his presence in leading the regime has been a matter of disagreement between Ankara and Moscow.
Earlier on Wednesday, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told Russian Federation and the United States to end their "street fighting" over Syria, saying it was time to put aside a rivalry that risked harming civilians.
The local civil defense agency blames the Bashar al-Assad regime forces for the attack.
Erdoğan also underlined that Turkey does not intend to give up on its alliance with the USA, its strategic relations with Russian Federation on a range of fields from energy to security or working together with Iran to solve regional problems. Erdogan reportedly expressed satisfaction with the tripartite summit on Syria, which was held in Ankara on April 4, with the participation of Turkey, Russia and Iran.
Turkey's president is set to speak with his Russian counterpart regarding the conflict in Syria.
The alleged chemical attack in rebel-held Douma near Damascus on April 7 sparked global outrage and warnings of possible military action. "The other one supports the Assad regime, which is the reason behind the murders of hundreds of thousands of Syrians". Until the end, we will fight against both these mistakes.
- Paul Ryan endorses Kevin McCarthy as next speaker
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Tornado watch issued Friday for North Texas
- Actor, comedian Will Ferrell hospitalized after serious auto accident
- E. coli outbreak now in 11 states
- Dallas Cowboys to release WR Dez Bryant
- How Jose is keeping his United squad focused
- (Audio) One More Blast Of Winter Weather
- WATCH Palestinian Rapper Records Music Video on Israel-Gaza Border Amid Clashes
- Bitcoin surges 17% to move above $8000