"Bush, now age 92, has decided not to seek additional medical treatment and will instead focus on comfort care", McGrath said.
CNN reported on Sunday that former First Lady Barabara Bush is in failing health.
This is following a recent series of hospitalizations. It also states that she is surrounded by her family during this time. She is the mother of former President George W. Bush and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush.
Husband George, the nation's 41st president, is now 93 years old and struggling with a Parkinson's-like disease that forces him to use a wheelchair and makes it hard for him to speak.
Bush is one of only two first ladies who was also the mother of a president.
The 92-year-old wife of former President George H.W. Bush has been suffering from COPD and congestive heart failure for some time now and has been in the hospital numerous times over the past year. She had heart surgery in 2009, and was operated on for an ulcer the year before.
In April 2017, he was released from a hospital in Houston after being treated for two weeks for a mild case of pneumonia and chronic bronchitis.
Bush, who served as president from 1989 to 1993, has a form of Parkinson's disease and uses a motorized scooter or a wheelchair for mobility. She was the first First Lady to throw out a pitch to open the baseball season when she threw out the first pitch at a Texas Rangers game when they were partially owned by her son, George.
"I have had great medical care and more operations than you would believe", she told the magazine. Barbara Pierce was born in NY and met her future husband at age 16.
- Israel concerned over Iran's efforts to establish presence in Syria
- Ferrari stun rivals with qualifying speed
- Russia tension escalates over Syria
- Hanley Ramirez escapes with bruise as X-rays on wrist are negative
- Bon Jovi reunites for performance
- Britain Considers Military Action Against Syria
- Commonwealth Games: England men & women reach rugby sevens semis
- So, Destiny's Child reunited on stage at Coachella and we're DEAD
- Junket tourism
- What to Expect and Who You'll See — Sunday's ACM Awards