There were conflicting reports as to whether Kaepernick kneeling in protest during the national anthem played a role.
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color", Kaepernick said in 2016 when the firestorm around his kneeling ignited.
The day after the scheduled workout, NFL attorneys administered a deposition in NY regarding the league alleged attempts to keep him out of the league. Recently, Eric Reid, who also knelt last season, was asked if he would stop as well.
It's getting harder and harder for NFL teams to claim not signing Colin Kaepernick is exclusively a football decision.
"The question of how he will handle the anthem this year came up and caused that visit, at the very least, to be postponed, and possibly canceled, depending on how you look at it", Schefter said on "NFL Live" Thursday afternoon. And the team's No. 2 last season, Austin Davis, is a free agent.
Kaepernick was deposed by the NFL earlier this week as part of the collusion complaint he filed against the league this year. Seattle was looking for assurance that Kaepernick would not kneel during the anthem, and he refused to give that assurance, declining to say he would stop.
Colin Kaepernick hasn't abandoned his interest in returning to the National Football League as a quarterback, but at least one team showed this week that it certainly has. In fact, this news broke while Kaepernick was sitting in on the deposition of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. Reid, who remains a free agent, was among the first players to join Kaepernick's protest. SB Nation, meanwhile, reports that the Seahawks told Kaepernick not to bother attending the workout if he planned to continue kneeling. The organization just simply wants him to have his plan sorted out in order for the team to best understand what to expect with him moving forward this offseason and into the 2018 season.
- Removing "Void if Removed" Stickers Doesn't Void Your Warranty
- Dwyane Wade speaks out in defense of Russell Westbrook
- Donald Trump weighs USA rejoining Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Chelsea legend Marcel Desailly urges membership to stick with Antonio Conte
- President Trump Signs Order To Strengthen Welfare Work Requirements
- Herd Women's Golf Wraps Up Regular Season
- Apple begins preparing for the end of 32-bit support on macOS
- Tottenham to be without England worldwide for visit of Manchester City
- Supporting magazine paid $30000 to doorman over rumour he fathered love child
- Teenage robbery suspect arrested hours after escaping from police lockup