Rashford has two years left on his existing £70,000-a-week deal, with the option of another 12 months should he fancy it, and the Sun says the Old Trafford bigwigs "want to tie the 20-year-old down on fresh terms, to reward him after coming through the United academy".
Following the 20-time English champions shock defeat at home, the Portuguese tactician revealed he trusts in his ability to lead sides to Premier League glory but maintained it can not be achieved without consistent efforts from the team.
"I trust in my work, that is for sure - I have no reason not to trust", he said.
City had moved within touching distance of the title with a 3-1 win at Tottenham on Saturday.
"Eight titles are eight titles and three Premier Leagues are three Premier Leagues. If I play a player against Bournemouth and the player is phenomenal, he plays the semifinal", he said. I only know one criteria, is the way they play.
"Consistency at every level, not just the performance level, but the mental, the day by day, everything must be consistent until the last day".
"So, Paul was out because of the yellow card".
Mourinho was hardly effusive in his praise when asked about City s success, but did concede they deserved to be champions. Probably because I won eight championships, I was not in the moon with the victory against them.
If United fall to another spineless defeat on Wednesday, the gap in quality between them and City will look more pronounced than ever, and the prospect of the Red Devils closing that gap next season will be bleak.
Despite Pogba under-performing, he is clearly still a world-class player when on song and Mourinho has a history of letting top talent go, only to see them flourish elsewhere.
"That doesn't make me feel super happy and in my opinion affected for sure some of the people that was too happy".
"We couldn't play fast, we couldn't think fast, everything was complicated", he said.
However, according to the Daily Telegraph, Pogba is indeed one of four players, alongside Alexis Sánchez, Juan Mata and Ander Herrera, who are in danger of being dropped for the cup clash against Spurs. Players didn't want to or didn't play simple.
- Ex-Bush spokesman to Trump: I would not have declared 'mission accomplished'
- Fan Are Convinced The Walking Dead's Season Finale Introduced the Whisperers
- Gov. Bevin tries to clarify comments about teacher protests
- United States weighing additional sanctions on Russian Federation
- Goldman profit jumps 27 per cent as trading surges
- Kenny Miller & Lee Wallace: Rangers To Suspend Pair After Graeme Murty Argument
- Sixers' Joel Embiid to remain sidelined for Game 2
- Protests in Yerevan: announced the beginning of the revolution
- Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur charged with murdering Sri Lankan man
- Economy Watch: Retail Sales See Healthy Uptick in March